KSM MANAMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now urgently looking to recruit an experienced ACCOUNTANT to be placed with immediate effect for a client in the Oil Marketing Industry.
Purpose of the Job
Preparing of Audit and Management Accounts, ensure capturing of all transactions and Creditor Management, General Ledger reconciliations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up a proper internal control system for the organization.
- Ensure that all accounts payable are executed in line with the contractual terms.
- Ensure that supplier statements are obtained on a monthly basis and reconciliations are carried out.
- Ensure that ALL the General Ledger reconciliations are prepared on a monthly by the 25th.
- The Bank reconciliations have to be properly and correctly done and up to date.
- All Bank Reconciling items to be followed up and ensure items are captured accordingly by the responsible staff.
- The Creditor reconciliations have to be properly and correctly done and up to date on a monthly basis by the 25th.
- Creditor invoices into system of all outstanding invoices as soon as they are received.
- Accruals, provisions
- Capturing of authorized credit notes into Sage
- Prepayments Reconciliation and Prepayments Schedule for capturing into Sage by the Assistant Accountant.
- Printing out Bank Statements and preparing the Cash flow forecast for management review
- List of payments to be made for various departments
- Ensure the daily payments are posted to the General Ledger promptly.
- Checking for accuracy and correctness of daily payments and transfers.
- Ensure that ALL payments are correctly coded and computed and duly authorized by the relevant officers at payment processing
- Ensure that all transactions are correctly and accurately captured in Pastel
- All journal passed should be duly checked and authorized accordingly.
- Checking all reimbursements for accuracy and completeness.
- Checking Receipt, Petty cash and Fuel batches
- Ensure the Cashier emails Bank transfer letters as soon as the letter is stamped by the bank.
- Assist in ensuring that the Clients are within the credit terms before the pagination is approved. Authorization to be sort for exceptions.
- Ensure all receipts and payment are correctly, accurately and completely captured in the cash book in their respective period of transaction.
- Ensure banking is done on time
- Following up with the Banks on transfers and Bank cheques for prompt action
- Checking of receipts banked on a daily basis.
- Liaising with Banks on Bank queries and others
- Prepare a Top 10 Creditor report for Management. This should be accurate for management’s decision making and planning purposes. Due every Tuesday.
- Prepare and ensure Audit is done timely
- Minimum level of education: A graduate degree from a reputable University in Accounting, Economics or any Business Related Field
- Proficiency in Computer Application
- Working experience of at least 5 years
- High integrity levels
- High level interpersonal skills
- Ability to make sound decisions on credit risks
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com by / before 18th September, 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.
Related Jobs (73)
CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER on May 30, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTS INTERN on April 24, 2023 Internship
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONSULTANT on March 24, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTANT on March 24, 2023 Full Time
Trainee Accountants on March 17, 2023 Full Time Internship
DIRECTOR FINANCE/BOARD SECRETARY on March 16, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTANT on February 7, 2023 Full Time
OPERATIONS MANAGER on February 1, 2023 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on January 16, 2023 Temporary
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER on December 15, 2022 Full Time