Copperbelt Development Foundation Limited
The Copperbelt Development Foundation Limited (CDFL) a non-govemmental organisation involved in social and econormc development seeks the services of Accounts Assistant to be based at Its Kitwe office. Reporting to the Finance & Administration Officer, he/she will form part of the team for CDFL mandated to execute projects on behalf of the Board of Directors ill the sectors of Education, Road Access, Water & Sanitation, Empowerment and Health, The position is offered on three (03) year contract subject to renewal depending on performance and funding to the organisation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To generate payment vouchers and ensure that all supporting documentations are attached;
- Write/issue cheques and bank instructions after required approvals are obtained;
- Make appropriate entries in Cheque/Transfer Registers for all payments
- Issue receipts for funds received as would be applicable;
- Prepare coding sheets for accounting transactions in accordance with Chart of Accounts;
- Make entries of orders, receipts, payments and invoices to Pastel Accounting Software.
- Assist the Accountant in preparation offinanciel statement/attendance to Auditors.
- Ensure that returns for Statutory obligations are made regularly
- Preparation of budgeting, planning and reporting on foreign funded projects.
- Check budget lines to ensuit that all transactions are correctly booked to the correct budget lines.
- Ensure documentation relating to payments are duly approved.
- Bringing any actual or potential problems to the attention of the FAO;
- Follow up bank transfers, supplier monthly statements & Statutory compliance
- Maintenance of the cashbook and preparation of bank reconciliation
- Creditor/Supplier accounts and reconclliations
- Other accounting tasks as assigned from time to time
- Grade 12 school certificate
- ZICA Technician
- Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Mimmum 5 years’ experience in accounts with at least 3 years some non governmental organisation
- Experience in Good knowledge of a computer-bmsed accounting software is an advantage, e.g. PASTEL.
- Data entry, processing, and recording transactions, updating the ledger, assisting with audits or fact-checking, and preparing budgets and reports, Payroll Experience; Experience in Balance Sheet Account Preparations.
- Data Entry; Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Excellent Skills With Microsoft Office;
- Detail Oriented; Organised; Timely; Competent IT Skills; Strong Bookkeeping Skills; Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to maintain clear and accurate financial records
- Understanding of Budgetary Principles; Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit their HARDCOPY application together with academic & professional qualifications, contact phone numbers, Email address, detailed Curriculum Vitae with three contact references to: The Foundation Manager, Copperbelt Development Foundation Limited, P.O Box 20917, Kitwe. Envelope should clearly be marked “APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AS ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT.”
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION LETTERS IS FRIDAY, March 13th 2020
Full confidentiality guaranteed. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will he responded to.
Important Note: Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment or fees should be treated with extreme caution, viewed as potentially fraudulent and reported immediately.
Related Jobs (72)
CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER on May 30, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTS INTERN on April 24, 2023 Internship
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONSULTANT on March 24, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTANT on March 24, 2023 Full Time
Trainee Accountants on March 17, 2023 Full Time Internship
DIRECTOR FINANCE/BOARD SECRETARY on March 16, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTANT on February 7, 2023 Full Time
OPERATIONS MANAGER on February 1, 2023 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on January 16, 2023 Temporary
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER on December 15, 2022 Full Time