Zambia Centre for Accountancy Studies (ZCAS) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to URGENTLY fill the position of Administration and Human Resource Manager.
REPORTS TO BOARD SECRETARY
PURPOSE OF JOB
To assist the Board Secretary in providing support to the Centre in the areas of Administration and Human Resource Management thereby facilitating the achievement of the Centre’s business objective and the necessary cultural changes.
- Formulate, develop and implement Human Resource policies and procedures with respect to the following:
(i) Recruitment and Selection
(ii) Training and Development
(iii) Industrial Relations and Employee Welfare
(iv) Salary Administration
- Assist the Board Secretary to:
(i) Recruit and induct new members of staff;
(ii) Administer, monitor and review the Staff Performance Management and
(iii) Coordinate and monitor Training Needs Analysis and ensure effective planning and implementation of training and development programmes and other learning events at the Centre; and
(iv) Engage the Union during consultative meetings and negotiations for salaries and Conditions of Service for unionised staff.
- Interpret and implement the Centres Terms and Conditions of Service.
- Manage the Personnel Information System aimed at maintaining up to date personnel records and aggregate data required for establishment control, Management Reports and administration of human resource procedures.
- Ensure that Job Descriptions are formulated and agreed upon with Heads of department, supervisors and jobholders.
- Administer the Centres Disciplinary Code and Grievance Procedures to maintain discipline and industrial harmony.
- Coordinate disciplinary processes for members of staff and mediate employee disputes.
- Control usage of the Centre’s pool vehicles and ensure that all vehicles are always insured and are roadworthy.
- Ensure effective and efficient provision of security service at the centre to safeguard members of staff, students and the Centre’s property.
- Prepare separation notices and conduct exit interviews.
- Oversee the operations of the Estates Unit.
- Provide day to day solutions, expert counsel and accurate and timely information to Management with compliance with statutory guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
(i) Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of five (5) “O” levels including English and Mathematics.
(ii) Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or a related field.
(iii) Masters Degree in Human Resource Management or a related field.
(iv) Five (5) years post qualifying work experience at the Managerial level.
(v) Conversant with Zambian Labour Laws and other statutes of employment.
(vi) Computer literate.
(vii) Must be a Full Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management
(ZIHRM) with a current Practicing Certificate.
(viii) A Fellow of the ZIHRM will have added advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Signed applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates and at least two (2) verifiable referees should be sent to the address below on or before 16th March 2022.
Please note that only short-listed candidates shall be responded to.
The Board Secretary
Dedan Kimathi Road
P.O. Box 35243
Tel:+260 1 232093/5
fax: +260 1 222542
Related Jobs (118)
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER on April 19, 2023 Full Time
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST on April 18, 2023 Full Time
PA TO THE CEO (RE-ADVERTISED) on April 13, 2023 Temporary
TRAVEL CONSULTANT / PA on April 3, 2023 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on January 16, 2023 Temporary
Finance and Administration Officer on December 8, 2022 Temporary
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER on December 6, 2022 Full Time
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO) on November 28, 2022 Full Time
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST on November 25, 2022 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on November 24, 2022 Temporary