JSI implements the five-year USAID DISCOVER-Health project to support the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the provision of quality health services and products. The project’s aim is to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
JSI is recruiting for the following position:
Position Title: ART/TB Specialist – X 3
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Solwezi (1); Kasama (1); Mansa (1)
Reports to: Hub Manager
The ART/TB Specialist leads USAID DISCOVER-H ART/TB activity planning and implementation, ensuring scale-up clinically sound, evidence-based and quality adult and paediatric ART/TB services in the region. She/he will help establish sustainable systems for accessing quality ART/TB services in project sites and for ensuring optimal adherence by program beneficiaries. Reporting to the Regional Director, the ART/TB Specialist is a hands-on HIV care and treatment clinician, providing patient care in the project sites and providing supervision and mentorship to other site-level ART/TB providers.
- Provide leadership for USAID DISCOVER-H ART/TB service implementation within the region, including providing adult and paediatric patient care;
- Provide guidance in the implementation of USAID DISCOVER-H’s ART/TB objectives/activities at regional and hub-site level;
- Plan and implement technical assistance, capacity building and mentorship for both paediatric/ adolescent and adult ART/TB services at regional and hub-site level;
- Develop action plans for the implementation of USAID DISCOVER-H set ART/TB objectives and ensure the project achieves set adult and paediatric ART/TB targets;
- Take a leadership role in integrating ART/TB care into other services and points of care including MNCH and FP/RH;
- Design and implement effective models to optimize case-finding and timely entry into care for paediatric/adolescent patients and minimize loss to follow-up;
- Provide technical input and expertise in shaping sustainable ART/TB service provision to target populations through networking and nurturing operational partnerships;
- Lead knowledge management and documentation of key lessons learned and best practices identified by the project, in ART/TB;
- Ensure timely reporting related to ART/TB, and especially inputs to quarterly reports, and semi and annual reports.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- DCM/RN or equivalent, with training in HIV clinical care and TB/HIV
- At least three (3) years’ experience in the area of HIV/TB service provision;
- ART/TB oriented training and mentorship experience;
- Trained and certified as ART/TB service provider;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills required;
- Computer literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel extensively to project sites to provide service and provide supervision and mentorship.
Please send a written application via email. Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full address and contact telephone number/s. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter. Please send e-mail applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications: 16th October, 2020.