ASSISTANT FINANCE MANAGER
KSM MANAMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now actively looking to recruit an experienced. Assistant Finance Manager, for a client in a leader in the hospitality industry.
Purpose of the Job
To ensure accurate and timely maintenance of hotel accounts, by adherence to the established accounting procedures and assist the Financial Controller to ensure strict financial discipline in the unit and to facilitate the achievement of the desired financial results.
Ensure all financial activities, maintenance of accounts, efficient materials management compliance with statutory requirements, Management of cash flow. Balance Sheet Mgmt. MIS reports, budgetary control, Matters pertaining to taxation, insurance, banking.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Financial Controller in the budgeting process for all Capital & Operational requirements.
- Facilitate learning and development for all the team members of the department.
- Develop systems and procedures that achieve higher cost efficiency and guest satisfaction.
- Performance Appraisal/ Management of the staff in the department.
- To ensure the adherence of IFRS in all the accounting operations.
- Monitor timely preparation and submission of periodic reports to external and internal users.
- Assist the Financial controller in ensuring all financial activities, maintenance of accounts, compliance with statutory requirements, & management of cash flow.
- Monitor the timely preparation of accounts payable / receivable / payroll statements, income and expenditure statements etc.
- Assist the Financial controller in budgetary control to ensure desired financial performance with emphasis on profit maximization through revenue enhancement and strict expenditure controls.
- Maintain records, registers and documents in order to facilitate internal and external audit.
- Perform the monthly book closing and prepare the reconciliation report.
- Authorize various bill payments and monitor preparation and delivery of cheques to various suppliers, travel agents etc.
- Assist the Financial controller in preparation of the balance sheet and the profit & loss statements for the hotel.
- Knowledge of VAT and Corporate tax calculation and filing of returns online.
- Liaise with banks, financial institutions and other government authorities on various financial matters.
- Prepare MIS reports, to develop a more informative database for improved management decision-making and critical evaluation of activities.
- Stay informed the latest amendments in commercial laws, tax structures and other developments in the financial world.
- Monitor and review revenue generation to ensure that revenue is correctly and accurately accounted for.
- Manage the debt collection process to ensure annual revenue targets are met.
- Any other duties as assigned by someone in authority
- Thorough knowledge of modern financial analysis tools and techniques
- Knowledge of Bookkeeping and Record keeping
- Working knowledge of MS Office & the Accounting.
- 2+ years’ Experience
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Confident and brave personality to approach and work with disagreeable defaulters
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Patience and resilience
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by / before 20th May 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.
Related Jobs (102)
CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER on May 30, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTS INTERN on April 24, 2023 Internship
ACCOUNTANT (Temporal) on April 11, 2023 Temporary
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONSULTANT on March 24, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTANT on March 24, 2023 Full Time
Trainee Accountants on March 17, 2023 Full Time Internship
DIRECTOR FINANCE/BOARD SECRETARY on March 16, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTANT on February 7, 2023 Full Time
OPERATIONS MANAGER on February 1, 2023 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on January 16, 2023 Temporary