JOB OPPORTUNITY: CHINESE TRANSLATOR
KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM, becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country is now actively looking to recruit CHINESE TRANSLATOR for a client in the Mining industry
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
The CHINESE TRANSLATOR will be responsible for translating both written content and spoken exchanges from Chinese to English and vice-versa as well as all written materials including emails and attending meetings where live translations are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure that translations are true to the original meaning.
- Provide accurate translations of texts.
- Attend meetings to translate discussions.
- Preparing reports
- Reading and translating documents in the Chinese language
- Convert text and audio recordings from English to Chinese and vice versa
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy
- Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure)
- Network with field experts to stay current on new translation tools and practices
Education & Experience
- Relevant diploma
- Must be exceptionally fluent in Chinese and English languages
- Proof of language fluency.
- Must have prior experience translating
- A clear writing style with an impeccable knowledge of Chinese spelling and grammar
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- The ability to grasp new concepts quickly, eg Chinese technical terms
SALARY RANGE: K4,000-K6,000 Gross
Application Deadline: 29th September, 2023.
To apply Send your applications to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.