Avencion is Zambian owned social impact enterprise that supports organizations in the delivery of HIV and RMNCH-N prevention, care, treatment and health system strengthening services to achieve USAID and PEPFAR goals of 95/95/95. We work with civil society, private sector companies, government agencies and communities to develop and deploy innovative solutions to build and strengthen public healthcare.
Community Health Specialist SOW
To coordinate community mobilization through community outreach programs and supervise the Community Health Workers in order to improve awareness and uptake of HIV/TB health promotion, prevention, treatment and retention activities.
1. Support the supervision and coordination of community support Groups and Community Based Organizations in order to create a strong and harmonious linkage between the community and health facility structures for Avencion services being implemented in the sites
2. Community Level implementation for Avencion services according to the National HIV/TB Consolidated Guidelines and PEFAR guidelines
3. Support the provincial implementation and supervision of the community retention officer and other Community Health Workers to promote retention in care to maintain continuum of HIV/TB prevention and treatment services
4. Support the provincial teams with system strengthening to ensure full implementation, monitoring, and tracking of all Avencion community services such as TPT, CaCx, GIS Mapping etc
5. Lead innovation of best practices and new services that can be supported by Avencion community integration services
6. Stakeholder presentations, reports, and management such as CDC, Provincial health offices, USAID etc
7. Support the project director and program manger with community report generation
8. Provision of capacity building sessions and training for the community support teams such as the CROs, CBVs etc
9. Creation of community SOPs and business processes to support with the implementation of community integration services
10. Undertakes community activities to create awareness and demand for cervical cancer screening services in women to prevent cervical cancer in HIV positive women.
11. Undertakes timely, preparations of budgets for the community to facilitate the acquisition of financial and material resources.
12. Conducts mentorship and onsite trainings for Community Health Volunteers to improve awareness, uptake and treatment outcomes; and
13. Monitors the performance of all Community HIV/TB Program targets to facilitate implementation of appropriate interventions.
1. Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
2. At least a Diploma in any Social Science or Public Health
3. At least One (1) year relevant job experience
4. Advanced MS Excel skills
5. Knowledge of PEPFAR HIV/TB guidelines
6. Excellent analytical and numerical skills
7. Great community mobilization skills with a proven track record
8. Sharp time management skills
9. Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
Apply through this link or click the apply button below.