JOHN SNOW INC.
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE HIV/AIDS PREVENTION PROGRAM ZDF PARTNERSHIP FOR SUSTAINABLE HIV EPIDEMIC CONTROL
DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC INFORMATION JOB DESCRIPTION
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the Director of Strategic Information position for a DHAPP-funded HIV Epidemic Control proposal, titled “Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Prevention Program ZDF Partnership For Sustainable HIV Epidemic Control” in Zambia. The Program will aim to support Zambia to reach sustainable control of the HIV/AIDS epidemic through the pillars of transparency, accountability, and impact.
Should JSI be the successful bidder, this will be a full-time position based in Lusaka, Zambia. The Director of Strategic Information will report to the Program Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Strategic Information will be responsible for providing high quality TA in the conceptualization, development, and implementation of SI systems to ensure that the project’s activities contribute to achieving results and strengthening national capacity. S/he will:
- Coordinate and supervise SI staff to ensure quality and efficiency of work plan tasks;
- Foster a strong data-use culture within the project, the DFZ, and other stakeholders; and
- Ensure that activities are properly monitored, evaluated, and recorded and that lessons learned are documented, reported, and disseminated widely.
- Master’s degree in public health or related field with a minimum of 10 years of experience in international donor funded projects, preferably including experience in PEPFAR/USG-funded projects;
- Ability to conceptualize and translate abstract concepts, ideas, and procedures into nontechnical explanations and recommendations;
- Experience managing data, information, and evaluations on large health/ HIV activities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior level government officials, donors, private for-profit and non-profit sectors; and
- Experience interacting with host country governments and counterparts, and international donor agencies.
NOTE: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume on the JSI website: www.jsi.com Deadline for consideration is rolling.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Related Jobs (14)
INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) OFFICER on November 28, 2022 Full Time
Assistant Quality Control & Digital Automation Manager on July 19, 2022 Full Time
Information Technology (IT) Specialist on June 1, 2022 Full Time
WordPress Developer on December 8, 2021 Full Time
Branch Manager on August 31, 2021 Full Time
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AUDITOR on April 16, 2021 Full Time
DATA ENTRY CLERK on March 29, 2021 Full Time
IT Assistant on March 9, 2021 Full Time
Software Engineer on March 9, 2021 Full Time
Senior Strategic Information Officer on October 14, 2020 Full Time