The Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust (ZHECT) is an indigenous Zambian Non-Governmental, not for profit Organisation (NGO), registered under the laws of Zambia and dedicated to providing high quality health services, social behaviour change interventions, research and capacity building for the improvement of the health status and general wellness of people. ZHECT has accumulated a wealth of experience in providing Sexual Reproductive Health, HIV prevention and mitigation services to organisations and communities mainly in Zambia but also within Southern and East African Communities. ZHECT is therefore focused on HIV/AIDS/STI/Unplanned Pregnancy/Gender Based Violence prevention, provision of Sexual Reproductive Health services, and Social and Economic Empowerment among vulnerable and hard to reach communities.
In its quest to continue providing services and increase coverage, ZHECT will be recruiting to fill the following vacancies in the Western Province:
DISTRICT COORDINATOR: x2
The successful candidate is expected to manage the district office’s day to day activities and provide leadership to district staff in order to ensure program deliverables are achieved in line with ZHECT/project overall strategic plan and will work closely with the District Health Office, DATFs, CATFs and other collaborating partners in creating linkages for the provision of wholistic health services. The candidate should be in possession of a degree in nursing /diploma in Medical Sciences for Health and have a valid practicing license from Health Professionals Council or Nursing Council of Zambia and have at least 5 years’ experience in managing district staff. Training and experience in the provision of Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) will be a core requirement for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the community sites in the implementation of Biomedical and SBCC activities to include planning, preparation and reporting.
- Approve work-plans and provide supervision to the Behaviour Change Officers and
- Volunteers through on-going technical support ensuring that CT and SBCC activities are effectively conducted on a regular basis.
- Assist the Director of Programmes in identifying potential collaborating partners and undertake the necessary community mapping, liaise with community-based groups and organizations and facilitate linkages and collaboration with DMOs, DATFs, NZP+ (positive-living support groups), and community/ faith-based organizations within the catchment areas to ensure that the Project and ZHECT’s presence are valued.
- Together with the M and E department, facilitate the process of Quality Assurance (QA) for HTC activities.
- Work with the M & E Officer to compile both qualitative and quantitative district monthly reports for submission to the Directors of Programmes and Research Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Work with the Finance Officer to ensure prudent utilization of project funds and submit monthly financial reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Perform any other duties as may be instructed by the Director of Programmes.
Required skills and experience:
- The candidate should be in possession of a degree in nursing /diploma in Medical Sciences for Health.
- Possess a valid practicing license from Health Professionals Council or Nursing Council of Zambia.
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in managing district staff.
- Possess at least 3 years’ training and experience in the provision of Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) which will be a core requirement for this position.
Submission of Applications:
Please email application, CV, and copies of supporting academic qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post/deliver to The Human Resources Manager, Zambia Health Education and Communications Trust, Plot No. 1551, Church Road, Fair View, Post Net no. 221, P/B E835, Lusaka – Clearly indicate the position applied for.
Closing Date is: 30.10.2020
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (3)
Exploration Manager on February 11, 2020 Full Time
Civil Engineer on February 11, 2020 Temporary
CRRF Officer on February 11, 2020 Full Time