Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 1, 125 direct employees, a further 1,200 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety with a world class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
ENGINEERING MANAGER (X1)
This position reports to The Director Operations
Core Purpose of the Position
To manage all maintenance activities on the site in order to attain targeted/scheduled production within budget and in compliance with Government and Domestic Regulations.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- To provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment through the establishment, review and communication of key performance indicators for safety, environment, operations, costs and quality company values and expectations.
- Responsible for the overall management of maintenance activities for plant, equipment and machinery including setting up systems, planning, budgeting, staffing, cost containment, optimisation and profitability of the mine.
- Support, maintain and enforce Company values and expectations, as they pertain to a safe, transparent, and constructive culture that recognizes hard work and performance.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with various applicable mining and environmental regulations pertaining to the engineering activities.
- Oversee and analyse maintenance operations, making recommendations when necessary to ensure equipment availabilities, production targets and procedures are met.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare engineering reports for review by senior management and participate and review audits and inspections.
- Confer with other managers and senior officials regarding the setting of maintenance systems, standards and schedules in support of the production quotas.
- Evaluation of efficiency of maintenance practices to determine adequacy of personnel, equipment and technologies used, making changes to work schedules, techniques or equipment when necessary.
- Ability to select, train, develop and utilise the skills of engineers, supervisors, professionals, and artisans.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in engineering (mechanical or electrical) or similar education.
- Must be a full member of Engineering Institution of Zambia and Energy Regulation Board.
- In depth knowledge of mining regulations.
Possess and maintain a clean and valid driver’s license.
- Must have a minimum of 15 years demonstrated practical Engineering experience in various maintenance methods and operations, with a minimum of five years in a senior management role.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) with employees, contractors and upper management.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and understand impacts of decisions.
- Ability to mitigate personnel issues and problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot process issues and optimize maintenance activities while maintaining efficiency and economics.
- Conceptual ability.
- Good problem-solving techniques.
- Leadership skills.
- Proficiency in computers. (Microsoft Office package, Internet and Email services inclusive)
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for receipt of applications is 23rd August 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (11)
Kansanshi Graduate Program – Mechanical Engineering on March 3, 2020 Freelance