DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
The Executive Administrator shall head the Secretariat of the Association and report to the
Executive Committee (EXCOM), and for the day to day business will coordinate with the
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Executive Administrator shall ensure that the Association’s mission and programs are consistently presented in a positive image to the relevant stakeholders;
- Conduct effective membership recruitment programs to increase and retain the membership of the Association;
- Implement the objectives within the time frame as set out by Executive Committee and the Constitution of the Association;
- Ensure that the objectives of the Association as regard to achieving stated / agreed targets and standards performance, quality, culture and legislative adherence are attained;
- Establish, sustain and formulate organizational culture, values, and reputation in the transport industry with relevant local regulatory bodies and regional economic blocs;
- He/she shall be responsible for the overall budgetary control as set by the EXCOM;
- Take minutes/notes of all Executive Committee and Sub-Committee meetings of the EXCOM and any other meetings so delegated to attend on behalf of the Association and /or with other EXCOM Members; and
- Ensure that the daily administrative tasks of the Secretariat are coordinated and actioned timeously.
- Maintain a close relationship with the membership in order to:
- Identify challenges faced in the industry and resolve these through interaction with the relevant Government Ministries and institutions as the case may be and the Executive Committee of the Association;
- Communicate activities and achievements of the Association through monthly newsletters; and
- Ensure membership statements are duly dispatched and the fees are fully collected in the prescribed period.
- Act as a lobbyist for the Association to appropriate institutions within and outside Zambia in order to obtain services which will add value to the Association and its members.
Conditions of Employment
- The job entails frequent travel both locally and regionally.
ZMW 25,000 to ZMW 30,000
Education & Experience
- A degree in logistics and transport, engineering, business or any related field;
- Membership of a professional body;
- At least 5 years of demonstrated capacity and experience in designing, implementing and managing private sector engagement activities, including working with public, private logistics and transport service providers or trade associations in and/or out of Zambia;
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Strong oral communication skills to confidently make submissions in various forums;
- Professional report writing skills;
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task; and
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative.
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com by / before 18th March, 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.