The Zambia Institute for Tourism and Hospitality Studies is a Statutory Body within the Ministry of
Tourism ,established under the ZITHS Act 42 of 2016,to provide for the development of human resource
in the tourism sector. ZITHS is the only specialized public organization mandated to train(skills), educate
(academics), conduct research, consultancy and professional development for the tourism, hospitality
and related sub-sectors.
The Zambia Institute for Tourism and Hospitality Studies wishes to invite suitably qualified and
experienced individuals to fill the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director is the Chief
Executive Officer for both the Fairview Hotel and the Zambia Institute for Tourism and Hospitality Studies.
The Executive Director reports directly to the Chairperson of the ZITHS Governing Council.
The Executive Director shall have the overall accountability, responsibility and authority for the management of the business and affairs of the Institute in accordance with the strategic plan and objectives adopted and approved by the Governing Council and subject to oversight by the Council.
Lead ZITHS corporate development, strategic planning, and manage the Institute’s strategic
direction, obtaining Council approval, and ensuring effective operations, while keeping the Council
informed of progress.
- Collaborate with the ZITHS Governing Council to create and implement strategic plans to achieve
- Develop the Institute’s annual business plan, gain approval from the ZITHS Governing Council, and
manage financial requirements to achieve set objectives and results against the strategic plan.
Attract, develop, and retain talent to lead critical departments and manage strategic functions.
- Conduct periodic evaluations of other executive leaders, manage performance, and coordinate
regular and monthly management meetings.
- Foster organizational culture, transparency, and collaboration through out the organization.
- Establish, maintain, and review organizational structures, systems, policies, processes, and
procedures to support the organization’s core functions.
- Develop strategic partnerships with industry players, educators, local development organizations,
international learning institutions, and global operators.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of the Institute’s financial information, reporting, internal controls,
and management information systems.
- Manage and enhance cooperation between ZITHS and other organizations in education and
- Implement approved policies, processes, and codes of conduct, and facilitate their monitoring and
- Maintain awareness of the external and internal competitive land scape, opportunities for expansion, customer base, markets, industry developments, and standards.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Governing Council.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Full Form V/Grade 12 School Certificate.
- BA in Hospitality, Education, Business or equivalent.
- Candidates with Masters Degree will have added advantage.
- 10years’ work experience in a relevant filed, Six(6) of which must be at senior management level.
- An exposure to Travel, Hospitality or Tourism industry. Must be a strategic thinker with a good understanding of project management.
- Must possess strong negotiation and resources mobilization skills.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to lead and manage change in a dynamic environment.
- Must possess integrity, confidentiality and diplomacy; Ability to be a good team leader and ability to manage multi -generational workplace.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven experience in organizational and/or business development
- Strong Analytical ,Report Writing and Evaluation skills
- Report Writing Skills
Send applications to;
Online applications can be submitted via the following
Physical applications can be submitted to;
The Human Resource and Administration Manager
Zambia Institute for Tourism and Hospitality Studies
Private Bag E186
Corner of Church and Protea Roads, Lusaka, Zambia
Closing Date:Monday,20th November, 2023,
Only suitably qualified individuals will be contacted