KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country now is actively looking to recruit an experienced Finance and Admin Assistant for a client, one of the leading Bakeries In the country.
The Finance and Admin Assistant will promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of the Café.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an accurate record of daily financial transactions
- Recording day to day financial transactions and completing the posting process
- Verifying that transactions are recorded in the correct daybooks, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
- Enter data, maintain records and create reports and financial statements
- Process payroll on a monthly basis
- Bring books to the trial balance stage
- Analyzing financial reports and ensuring legal requirement compliance
- Processing accounts payable and receivable and managing invoice and tax payments
- Update and maintain the general ledger
- Capacity to run monthly payroll and all regulatory payments
- Reconciliation of entries into the accounting system
- Maintain the trial balance by a reconciliation of general ledgers
- Account reconciliation to ascertain the accuracy of transactions
- Use knowledge of local laws to comply with reporting requirements
- Tag and monitor fixed assets
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
- Monitor supplier debt levels and compliance with debt agreements
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Issue financial statements
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Calculate and report significant financial issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Follow accounting policies and procedures
- Quarterly preparation for quarterly Board Meetings by the arrangement of Board papers, meeting venue, meals and payments to Board members
- Daily management banking of cash sales
- Submitting payment schedule for key supplier payments to the Directors to ensure payments do not lag behind
- Planning and organizing events as required from time to time
- Conducting research especially in areas that benefit the quality and cost of business products
- Managing ad hoc projects as required
- Facilitate open discussions and communication with team members, and other business or vendor partners to improve organizational efficiencies and practices.
- Conduct field visits monthly to all locations as necessary to assist with operational items, continuous improvement, and further develop best practices that drive sales and profit
- School Leaving Certificate (Grade 12).
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounts payable/receivable principles
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Good understanding of accounting best practices
- Professionalism and organizational skills
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Degree in Finance or Accounting OF FULL ACCA/CIMA and at least 3 years experience
- Understanding accounting best practices
- Knowledge of the local accounting framework
- Data entry skills
- High attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Produce work with a high level of accuracy
- Professionalism and organization skills
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Good typing and keyboard skills.
- Managing administrative processes
- A good level of English spelling and grammar.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Degree in accounting or business administration. Excellent knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping software.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Experience with accounting software such as QuickBooks.
- Able to prepare, review and understand a financial statement.
- Able to understand and speak using the predominant language(s) of guests
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction accurately.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Competent IT skills, particularly proficiency with spreadsheet software.
- High level of accuracy.
- Extremely organised in a manner that is easily read by others.
- Trustworthy and discreet when dealing with confidential information.
- Administrative skills.
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by/before 27th December 2021 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.