The Catholic Medical Mission Board Zambia (CMMB-Z) is a faith-based local organisation whose mission is to provide long-term, co-operative medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and healthcare issues.USAID has awarded CMMB-Z to implement the Empowered Children and Adolescents Program (ECAP I) which is a five (5) year project. For this reason, CMMB is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals with relevant experience for the following position aimed at contributing to CMMB’s strategic vision in the Finance and Administration Department.
Job Title : Grants Finance and Administration Director
Department: Finance and Administration
Reporting to: ECAP I Chief of Party /CMMB-Z Zambia Finance and Administration Director
Purpose and Scope of Duties
The Grants Finance and Operations Director will be responsible for overall financial management and administration of the project. S/he will provide overall leadership and oversight for all aspects related to management of Finances, grants, sub-grants, subcontracts, and procurements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, CMMB-Z policies and procedures as well as donor requirements. S/he will be the lead expert for financial operations and management.This includes being responsible for efficient resource deployment and use, program accounting and financial reporting systems, cost-share and related reporting and ensuring compliance with USAID financial and accounting rules and regulations
Description of Duties (to include responsibilities, accountabilities, and authorities)
- Account for and report on the Project’s resources, including all office operations and all programs funded from US government grants (USAID)
- Support the implementation of sound financial policies, procedures, and systems
- Maintain strong internal financial controls; safeguard financial assets, and identify, mitigate, and report on key financial risks.
- Provide leadership to the Project Finance team to ensure that financial records are accurate
- Ensure that all the Cost allocation to USAID ECAP I are well supported
Grant Management, Sub-grant Monitoring and Capacity Building
- Provide leadership to the Project Finance, Administration and Grants team to ensure proper financial management, compliance and utilization of the USG funds including tracking of fund utilization and available USG resources.
- Review financial obligations of CMMB-Z’s sub-award partners; budgets, advances, expenses and reports.
- Lead the Project Finance, Administration & Grants team with closeout of awards.
Qualifications / Experience
- A professional qualification in accountancy, such as ACCA, CPA, or CIMA.
- A Master’s degree in Finance or a related field will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of the Zambian Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
- Progressive responsibility and experience in overseeing financial operations and management of large-scale, complex development projects at a Senior Level.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing the procurement administration, financial management and reporting
- Strong analytical and computer skills. Conversant with accounting softwares
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organisational skills
All interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send their application letters with copies of their most recent curriculum vitaes with at least three traceable references to email@example.com .The closing date for receiving applications is 17th March,2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Related Jobs (98)
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER on April 19, 2023 Full Time
PA TO THE CEO (RE-ADVERTISED) on April 13, 2023 Temporary
TRAVEL CONSULTANT / PA on April 3, 2023 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on January 16, 2023 Temporary
Finance and Administration Officer on December 8, 2022 Temporary
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO) on November 28, 2022 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on November 24, 2022 Temporary
Workshop Team Leader on November 18, 2022 Full Time
PA/FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on November 14, 2022 Temporary
RECEPTIONIST on September 13, 2022 Full Time