KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now actively looking to recruit an experienced FINANCIAL DIRECTOR for a client, one of the biggest Mining Companies in the world.
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the development of accounts policies, procedures and practices and the overall direction and supervision of the finance department in order to ensure that financial statements are produced, costs are controlled and company laws and statutes are adhered to and international financial reporting standards are observed and company records are kept securely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the integrity of General Ledger for the business is in order to facilitate reporting in accordance with set corporate deadlines.
- Develop, prepare and maintain a financial reporting system and reports.
- Provide critically appraised, relevant, timely and accurate data to the Central African Management Team and the Company finance function.
- Lead and co-ordinate the budgeting process within the Company and participate in the development of long term business plans and forecasts.
- Assist in the financial evaluation and advise the Business Manager on matters relating to investment, business development, contract proposals and capital expenditure evaluation.
- Ensure stewardship by putting in place satisfactory internal controls, regular audits are carried out and relevant legal and statutory requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure that working capital and cash are managed in an optimal manner, assisting the relevant sales/business manager in ensuring overdue debtors are in line with agreed terms.
- Identify and manage the information technology requirements of the Company
Nature and Scope of work
- This job holder develops and maintains efficient and effective accounting processes that are capable of generating friendly data from the management information systems.
- The jobholder must maintain good working relations within the region and the Company Finance & Accounting function. The jobholder must have the Zambian Team’s confidence and it is essential that he is able to influence them. This requires well-developed interpersonal skills and knowledge of the Regional Business beyond the strict confines of accountancy. Commercial acumen and understanding and the ability to relate financial effect to commercial reality are essential. These features will enable the jobholder to ensure that the regional business always takes into account the financial aspects of the particular decision.
- It is expected of the jobholder to enhance the capabilities of the Finance personnel.
- The jobholder must be capable of working towards tight deadlines and of motivating his team accordingly. An ability to deploy resources in the most efficient and effective way will be a key requirement in this job.
- A key success factor of the jobholder is the linking, integration and communication, both internally and externally to the Company, so as to ensure business goals of the Company are achieved.
- The job holder is required to lead in the development of systems and processes to meet Company and legal requirements and also supervise their implementation and operation. The job holder is required to provide information and support to line management.
- The jobholder monitors trends in relation to the financial performance of the Company and assists in the formulation of the Company’s annual strategic plan.
- University degree in Finance/Accounting.
- Professional accounting qualification – CIMA or ACCA a must.
Technical and Practical
- Minimum of 10 years experience in senior management, with an appropriate professional qualification.
- Strong financial modelling skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at all levels of management.
- Ability to lead teams and workgroups to a successful result.
- Considerable analytical skills gained through broad experience and application.
- Self-confident and independent approach.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and pricing strategy and a sound level of commercial acumen.
- Good working knowledge of local tax laws.
- Conceptual thinker.
- Analytical ability.
- Effective interpersonal and strategic influencing skills.
- Strong and well-tested coaching and counselling skills.
- Ability to gain the support of colleagues and maintain good working relations.
- Good negotiating skills.
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by / before 9th February, 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.
Related Jobs (115)
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONSULTANT on March 24, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTANT on March 24, 2023 Full Time
Trainee Accountants on March 17, 2023 Full Time Internship
DIRECTOR FINANCE/BOARD SECRETARY on March 16, 2023 Full Time
FIRE SAFETY OFFICER on February 21, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTANT on February 7, 2023 Full Time
OPERATIONS MANAGER on February 1, 2023 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on January 16, 2023 Temporary
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER on December 15, 2022 Full Time
Debt Collector on December 15, 2022 Full Time