JOB OPPORTUNITY: FIRE SAFETY OFFICER
KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM, becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country is now actively looking to recruit FIRE SAFETY OFFICER in the mining industry.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
The FIRE SAFETY OFFICER will be responsible for overseeing health and fire safety systems of mining operations. They will report workplace accidents, compile accident statistics, estimate fire risks to employee safety and health, and suggest solutions or new measurements and techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspecting premises to assess fire hazards, such as exits that are blocked or stairways that are cluttered
- Address any form of violation of fire safety codes
- Conducting fire drills to ensure employees know what to do in case of an emergency, and reviewing emergency response plans with staff members
- Supervising fire drills and other training programs to ensure that all personnel are familiar with their responsibilities in case of an emergency
- Ensure that all fire and safety equipment are in good shape always
- Make sure that there are well-developed plans for easy evacuation of employees in the premises in the case of a fire outbreak
- Conduct fire safety checks from time to time
Education & Experience
- A Certificate in Fire training, done by the Zambian Institute or Council
- At least 3 years experience working in the fire department
- Ability to drive an emergency fire vehicle
- Ability to operate fire hydrants and with Minimum supervision
- Technical knowledge and how to operate fire tools and equipment
- Excellent communication skills
DEADLINE: 27th February, 2023