Dangote Industries Zambia Limited
Senior chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professional in the following disciplines:
- Participate actively in firefighting, fire prevention and rescue duties in DCP Plants and other facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the development and implementation of training programs under the direction of the Supervisor, Fire.
- Maintain records of availability and location of firefighting equipment in the Plant, and make timely requests for replacements as required.
- Conduct fire evacuation drills in accordance with approved regulations, DCP policies and procedures.
- Conduct comprehensive Fire Prevention inspections of the Plant/ other facilities and enforce relevant laws and standards.
- Develop report of inspection activities, highlighting details of all findings and appropriate recommendations to Management.
- Respond to emergency calls or fire alarm warnings and employ relevant techniques to put out fire.
- Assist with investigations determining the cause of the fire when required.
- Service and maintain firefighting equipment according to approved maintenance schedule.
- Submit monthly reports of unit’s activities, fire incidents, details of causes and fire loss statistics for review and decision by Management.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor Fire.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Certificate /license in firefighting.
- He/she must be able to drive a fire engine.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Adequate knowledge of the cement and manufacturing industry.
- Advanced working knowledge of fire protection and prevention methods, rescue procedures and safety procedures.
- Adequate knowledge of fire safety regulations and functionalities of various firefighting equipment.
- Knowledge of fire suppression techniques.
- Ability to champion fire prevention initiatives.
- Strong level of mental alertness to ensure safety of others.
- Ability to maintain calm and respond swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
Method of Application
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:The General Manager HR& Admin and send them to Recruit.Zambia@DANGOTE.COMPlease note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Closing date for receiving applications is 28th October, 2020. Position should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Fire Safety Officer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.