ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation; sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable, and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalized and excluded women and young people, their organizations, and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality, and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia has a vacancy and it is seeking to recruit an experienced and suitably qualified individual to fill the position of Grants and Compliance Manager.
Purpose of the Role
The Grants and Compliance Manager will be responsible for establishing and managing the grants system for ActionAid Zambia in line with the established policies, principles, and operating practices of ActionAid International as well as other standard practices. S/he will be responsible for the planning and implementation of grants programmes from its application to approval and utilization. The job holder will ensure adherence to procedures and policies that meet donor rules and regulations.
- Maintain a grants management system for disbursement of project sub-grants;
- Implement grants policies and procedures in line with ActionAid grants management guidelines and requirements.
- Facilitate the process for grant applications, evaluation, and selection of grant sub-partners.
- Research and review proposals, conduct due diligence, and prepare written and verbal docket presentations and site visits
- Develop support in the development of our theory of change for community-based grant making
- Facilitate the development of sub-granting agreements based on recommendations from the Project Accountability Team (PAT) and oversee grants disbursement to sub-partners.
- Coordinate and provide support to the Project Accountability Team processes and act as a focal person.
- Document proceedings of all PAT meetings and follow up on agreed actions.
- Ensure an accurate and updated record of all grant management processes.
- Maintain an updated database of all grant agreements between AAZ and other donors composed of reporting schedules, audit specifications, and other relevant information
- Liaise with the Head of Programs and facilitate for timely communication with AAZ donors on matters relevant to donor-supported projects
- Facilitate for the development of teaming agreements regarding AAZ collaboration with other partners for joint proposal development
- Undertaking the go/no go analysis for prospective project proposal funding opportunities
- Lead in finalization of grants agreements between AAZ and Donors and AAZ and sub-grantees
- Support the Head of Programs and project officers to facilitate for timely submission of narrative and financial reports to donors
- Ensure mechanisms in place for performance monitoring and compliance of grant sub-partners;
- Review and analyze progress reports and recommend appropriate interventions to build the capacity of sub-partners;
- Review all reimbursement requests for cost allowability and ensuring that sub-partner follows signed sub-agreements and scope of work.
- Provide leadership in establishing and strengthening sub-partners internal governance, programme, and administrative capacities;
- Provide leadership in maintaining and strengthening liaison among Sub-Partners and the communities they serve;
- Provide Pre and post-award training for sub-partners
- Establish and manage the technical review committees in accordance with ActionAid Zambia grants management procedures.
- Coordinate pre-award audits and partnership agreement closeout processes.
- Liaise with finance to develop a financial forecast to maintain a sustainable flow of resources for timely sub granting.
- Participate in internal planning and review processes and provide updates on grant management;
- Participate in international learning platforms on grants & partnership management;
- Produce periodic quality narrative reports on grant implementation progress;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor within the capacity of his/her field of profession.
- Minimum of Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance or its equivalent.
- Project Management will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Grants designing, administration, financial and contract management.
- Experience in Project Management and Monitoring and Evaluation is a MUST.
Other Required Competencies
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to manage relationships with partners or stakeholders across the organization;
- Ability to contribute to a high performing team
- Flexible approach to work, willing to play a full role in ensuring the success of the team
- Ability to make clear, concise, and accurate presentations, and dialogue and consultation with partners and project team members.
- Has strong writing skills, for project reports and all project type documents.
- Strong skills in various IT packages including Microsoft, Excel, and SPSS; as well as virtual communication platforms for dialogue and conferencing such as Skype, Webinar mediums, and others
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to cope with partnerships dynamics by employing an inclusive approach to deal with different of partners.
Method of Application
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address; email@example.com; @actionaid.org.
Alternatively, applications can be sent to The Human Resources, ActionAid Zambia, P O Box 51407, Lusaka.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 26th October 2020 at 17:00 hours.
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women below the age of 35 years are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to shortlisted, and candidates will be contacted.