Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Head of Operations will be responsible for ensuring the smooth performance of the Company’s operations Environment. The key areas being providing sound business support to enable the company to meet its obligations to clients. The incumbent will oversee the areas of new business administration, records management functions, premium administration, claims management, process optimization, and operational reporting for Sanlam Life Insurance.
- Ensure efficient quality new business underwriting and adherence to all compliance and AML/KYC policies
- Ensure that reconciliations are performed on time and accurately.
- Drive delivery within the operations processes with daily, weekly, and monthly targets
- Adhere to and promote Corporate Governance and Company policies and procedures relating to adopted frameworks within the company
- Develop, coach and mentor a high-performing team while establishing clear direction of responsibilities, timely feedback and holding people accountable for achieving their personal goals, targets, and objectives
- Ensure that all benefit payments are paid within the SLA and accurately improve Premium collection rate through innovative processes and technology
- Ensuring that Company’s insurance certificates are in full compliance and keeps track of important policy details as well as safeguarding business rules.
- Ensure Revenue assurance delivery is achieved
- Drive key change and transformation initiatives within operations Be an active participant in all projects which have a major impact on operations
- Control environment management – to ensure timely, signed reconciliations between the system and the GL
- Customer Care – Provide support and adherence to SLAs
- Continuous improvement of the operations environment
- Recognizing risk and implementation plans to control and avoid such
risk in coordination with compliance
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent.
- Degree in Economics/Business/ Accounting/Management
- At least 4 years relevant working experience within the financial service at a manager.
- Advanced IT knowledge – MIS, Microsoft programs, Advanced Excel skills, Data management and Process analysis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a multi geographic team.
- Adaptable to working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
Striving for continuous improvement and optimization
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders
- Flexibility in resolving issues and addressing changing priorities.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should apply to the Head of Human Resources, Sanlam Life Insurance Zambia Limited, Zenera House, Corner Lagos and Lubuto Roads P.O. Box 31991, Lusaka Zambia or email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 30th April, 2021.
Related Jobs (11)
OPERATIONS MANAGER on February 1, 2023 Full Time
FINANCE MANAGER on November 24, 2022 Full Time
Lodge Manager on August 3, 2022 Full Time
Business Development Manager on March 8, 2022 Full Time
WAREHOUSE MANAGER on February 4, 2022 Full Time
Country Development Manager on January 24, 2022 Full Time
ASSISTANT CAR WASH MANAGER on January 20, 2022 Full Time
RETAIL MANAGER on January 12, 2022 Full Time
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – ZAMBIA on December 27, 2021 Full Time
Field Manager on August 31, 2021 Full Time