ZCAS invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Head Research, Consultancy and Advocacy.
REPORTS TO EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
To co-ordinate, supervise and control provision of Research, Consultancy, and Advocacy work
for the Centre to acceptable standards for local and international firms, NGOs and Government
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, implements and controls research and consultancy activities under his/her
supervision and ensuring that the research resources of the Centre are used effectively;
- Develops, implements and promotes the research strategy for the Centre;
- Develops new project, contacts and funding sources for the Centre;
- Working with the Coordinators to build and strengthen the Centre`s external reputation,
and its internal systems and processes;
- Markets the research and consultancy services to private and public sectors as well as
- Undertakes investigations/research and surveys for the Centre on behalf of clients in
respect of assigned consultancy work to determine problems and obtain
- Designs generic and tailor-made courses that meet the needs of the clients and
submits them to the supervisor for approval;
- Prepare suitable training materials and participates in the training of participants
- Identifies, participates and prepares solution-based proposals for all solicited and
unsolicited bids for consultancy projects and when awarded, execute the awarded
contracts with the highest standard of performance;
- Works with collaborative partners on aspects of research, surveys and capacity
building activities to develop the Centre’s lecturing staff;
- Coordinates research in collaboration with the Director Professional Studies on aspects
that impact on curriculum and development of the accountancy training in Zambia.
- Applies and secures external funding for research and consultancy related
- Initiates and carries out advocacy works for the Centre in the advancement of
accountancy training in Zambia.
- Writes detailed project reports outlining methodologies, work done, findings and
recommendations and submits them to clients once approved by the supervisor;
- Costs research, consultancy and training projects and submit cost estimates to the
supervisor for approval;
- Participates in various meetings at the work place such as course meetings and staff
meetings to which the jobholder may be a member.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Certificate with Five (5) credits or better including English and Mathematics.
- Holder of an earned First degree in Business, Social Sciences, or ICT.
- Holder of an earned Masters’ degree in Business or Social Sciences or ICT.
- A PhD/ DBA will be an added advantage.
- Ten (10) years experience in a similar work environment with at least five (5) years at
- Senior Management Level.
- Should be a fellow of a Professional Body.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strategic and Business planning.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to deliver high-quality research and policy outputs.
- Ability to meet Consultancy assignments and meet client requirements.
- High level of analytical skills.
- Advanced Knowledge on Information, Technology and Communication.
INTERESTED QUALIFIED PERSONS SHOULD ADDRESS THEIR APPLICATIONS
The Board Secretary
Dedan Kimathi Road
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enclose certified photocopies of academic and professional qualifications, National Registration
Card and detailed signed curriculum vitae. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 11th