ZCAS invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Head Research, Consultancy and Advocacy.
REPORTS TO EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
To co-ordinate, supervise and control provision of Research, Consultancy, and Advocacy work
for the Centre to acceptable standards for local and international firms, NGOs and Government
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, implements and controls research and consultancy activities under his/her
supervision and ensuring that the research resources of the Centre are used effectively;
- Develops, implements and promotes the research strategy for the Centre;
- Develops new project, contacts and funding sources for the Centre;
- Working with the Coordinators to build and strengthen the Centre`s external reputation,
and its internal systems and processes;
- Markets the research and consultancy services to private and public sectors as well as
- Undertakes investigations/research and surveys for the Centre on behalf of clients in
respect of assigned consultancy work to determine problems and obtain
- Designs generic and tailor-made courses that meet the needs of the clients and
submits them to the supervisor for approval;
- Prepare suitable training materials and participates in the training of participants
- Identifies, participates and prepares solution-based proposals for all solicited and
unsolicited bids for consultancy projects and when awarded, execute the awarded
contracts with the highest standard of performance;
- Works with collaborative partners on aspects of research, surveys and capacity
building activities to develop the Centre’s lecturing staff;
- Coordinates research in collaboration with the Director Professional Studies on aspects
that impact on curriculum and development of the accountancy training in Zambia.
- Applies and secures external funding for research and consultancy related
- Initiates and carries out advocacy works for the Centre in the advancement of
accountancy training in Zambia.
- Writes detailed project reports outlining methodologies, work done, findings and
recommendations and submits them to clients once approved by the supervisor;
- Costs research, consultancy and training projects and submit cost estimates to the
supervisor for approval;
- Participates in various meetings at the work place such as course meetings and staff
meetings to which the jobholder may be a member.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Certificate with Five (5) credits or better including English and Mathematics.
- Holder of an earned First degree in Business, Social Sciences, or ICT.
- Holder of an earned Masters’ degree in Business or Social Sciences or ICT.
- A PhD/ DBA will be an added advantage.
- Ten (10) years experience in a similar work environment with at least five (5) years at
- Senior Management Level.
- Should be a fellow of a Professional Body.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strategic and Business planning.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to deliver high-quality research and policy outputs.
- Ability to meet Consultancy assignments and meet client requirements.
- High level of analytical skills.
- Advanced Knowledge on Information, Technology and Communication.
INTERESTED QUALIFIED PERSONS SHOULD ADDRESS THEIR APPLICATIONS
The Board Secretary
Dedan Kimathi Road
Email to: email@example.com
Enclose certified photocopies of academic and professional qualifications, National Registration
Card and detailed signed curriculum vitae. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 11th
Related Jobs (23)
Preschool & Primary School Teachers on March 9, 2023 Full Time
HEAD OF TRAINING on February 23, 2023 Full Time
PROJECT MANAGER on October 6, 2022 Full Time
RELIEF CLERK on May 18, 2022 Full Time
DIRECTOR PROFESSIONAL STUDIES on March 5, 2022 Full Time
Communication Strategy Individual Consultancy on August 23, 2021 Full Time
Research Fellow I – Human Development on August 10, 2021 Full Time
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer on August 9, 2021 Full Time
French Teacher on August 9, 2021 Full Time
Lecturer – Northrise School of Business on July 29, 2021 Full Time