HEALTH AND SAFTY OCCUPATIONAL OFFICER
KSM MANAMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now urgently looking to recruit an experienced HEALTH AND SAFTY OCCUPATIONAL OFFICER For a client in the Cement Manufacturing Industry.
Purpose of the Job
Participate in implementing the MLL approved occupational safety program, analysing and administering various components of the safety programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement approved safety and environment plans and programs in the Plant and monitor employees’ compliance with safety policies.
- Support in planning and promoting safety and environment programs and conduct periodic assessments to identify program deficiencies.
- Participate in the conduct of basic HSE induction exercises for Plant employees, contractors and visitors.
- Assist in conducting safety drills at the Plant, in line with approved schedule.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and recommend engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or use of personal protective equipment.
- Perform or assist with accident investigations as required and ensure prompt communication of recommendations to all concerned parties.
- Support in the execution of approved corrective action to prevent future incidents.
- Provide information to Compensation Administrators for timely processing of compensation benefits for injured individuals.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of safety activities and accident occurrences and develop periodic reports to determine safety trends and needs.
- Conduct periodic inspections of MLL Plants to assist managers and supervisors in environmental, health, and safety compliance.
- Collect, analyze and maintain data essential for effective safety and environment programs.
- Establish and maintain harmonious relationships with other employees, officials, external organizations, and representatives of State agencies.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor, Safety.
- BS/BA/Diploma in health, safety and environmental management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the field.
- Proficient with MS Office including excel, power point, publisher (IT)
- Proven involvement with Security, .
- Comfortable presenting to and interacting with senior managers, consultants, clients.
- Site inspection, audits, risk assessment/hazard identification
Skills and Competencies
- Adequate knowledge of the cement and manufacturing industry.
- Adequate knowledge of safety regulations.
- Ability to adequately analyse an incident and proffer valuable solutions.
- Ability to communicate incidences and emergencies clearly.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by / before 15th October, 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.