Chemonics International Inc.
Development Works Here
Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The project seeks to recruit for the following position:
Job Title: Infrastructure Project Manager (1 Position)
Reporting to : Operations Director
General Summary and Background
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is the primary vehicle through which USAID procures and provides health commodities, provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
With 100+ staff across eight offices around the country, this diverse and complex program sets out to strengthen the capacity of GRZ to develop sustainable systems that ensure availability and security of vital and essential health commodities through (1) increased data availability and use for informed supply chain decision making, (2) improved quantification procurement planning and coordination processes, (3) provision of cost-effective, reliable international and local procurement services, (4) improved efficiency in warehousing and distribution by Medical Stores Limited (MSL), and (5) increased strategic management and planning by Ministry of Health for improved commodity security.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Infrastructure Project Manager will provide project management and procurement oversight of infrastructure initiatives valued at $8.4 million (to include kitting and racking of hubs, material handling equipment (MHE) repair, and prefabricated storage unit initiatives). The Infrastructure Project Manager will be responsible for monitoring subcontractor adherence to work plans and deliverable schedules, and monitoring adherence to environmental monitoring and mitigation plans. The infrastructure project manager will oversee engineers tasked with direct monitoring and certification of subcontractor works.
- Provide direct oversight of infrastructure-related subcontracting processes, to include RFP development, solicitation, selection, subcontract development, and subcontract management;
- Oversee engineers responsible for providing technical input during the procurement process and during subcontract management, liaising with GHSC-PSM technical teams to ensure technical alignment with project activities and coordination with relevant stakeholders;
- Coordinate implementation of project works with Ministry of Health and/or Medical Stores Limited;
- Liaise closely with Chemonics Project Management Unit, Chemonics Risk Department, and Chemonics engineering/compliance specialists to ensure compliance with USAID and U.S. government regulations, Chemonics’ corporate policies, laws of Zambia, and any supplemental policies developed specifically for GHSC-PSM;
- Lead the preparation of cost estimates, schedules, and scopes of work for proposed projects, receiving technical input from engineers;
- Coordinate bidder’s conference and vet vendors for the financial and technical capacity to undertake proposed work;
- Verify that subcontractors obtain and maintain all required permits;
- Ensure that all necessary subcontractor documentation, including environmental monitoring and mitigation plans, are completed for each project;
- Monitor subcontractor adherence to work plans, deliverable schedules, environmental monitoring and mitigation plans;
- Provide input into project budgeting process for infrastructure activities and support budget monitoring and reporting;
- Regularly communicate with relevant GHSC-PSM senior management team (SMT) members regarding any issues with project schedule and sequencing of infrastructure activities. Alert SMT immediately regarding any concerns expressed by stakeholders about project-supported activities;
- Adhere to Chemonics’ ethical and business conduct standards.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in relevant discipline preferred;
- Minimum twelve (12) years of experience managing infrastructure projects, including strong skills in procurement/subcontracting and compliance;
- Familiarity with Chemonics’ systems and processes;
- Knowledge with GHSC-PSM-specific contractual, financial, and reporting requirements preferred;
- Acquaintance of USAID, other federal agency regulations and policies required;
- Experience with a wide variety of contracts and subcontracts types, e.g. fixed price, IQC, cost reimbursement (award fee/fixed fee), performance-based, and construction required;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively both orally and in writing, and deliver presentations, training, and facilitate meetings effectively;
- Extensive experience solving complex technical, managerial or operational problems and ability to evaluate options based on relevant information, resources and knowledge required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage diverse professional relationships;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Location of Assignment
The location of assignment is Lusaka, Zambia.
Send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and the highest necessary qualifications to PSMZambiaRecruitment@ghsc-psm.org by 5 pm on Wednesday, 4th March, 2020. Please include clearly the position in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted
Related Jobs (4)
Construction Manager on June 1, 2022 Full Time
Construction Management Specialist on August 4, 2021 Full Time
Welder/Metal Fabricator on July 29, 2021 Full Time
On-Site Infrastructure Manager on October 23, 2020 Full Time