KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now actively looking to recruit an experienced INVENTORY ACCOUNTANT for a client, one of the biggest Oil Marketing Companies in the world.
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this position is to ensure that company’s stocks are correctly valued, pricing for customers is updated and correctly maintained, the company books reflect the correct position at any one time, by ensuring that the books to physical reconciliations are done on regular basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing product costing, ensuring the accuracy of the system costs on a daily basis and sharing cost breakdown reports at end of the day
- Ensuring the value-added costs like freight charges, clearing fees, change of ownership and demurrage are built to the product costs and booked into proper sub-ledgers
- Daily stocks reconciliations between physical stocks as reported by operations agree to what oracle system reflects
- Ensure stock count is done monthly and sign-offs of all the counting sheets and any variances reported to management within two days after stock count with appropriate explanations
- Reconcile General Ledger with Sub ledger stocks on a monthly basis by the 5th of the subsequent month
- Stocks management by ensuring the cleared product is available at all times and having safety cleared stock equivalent to average 1 day of sales and that on a weekly basis stock equivalent to a week of sales is cleared
- Booking purchase orders, and invoices related to inventory on a timely basis (PO immediately while invoice within two working days from raising the PO)
- Review of transporter invoices to ensure accuracy of billing within 3 working days from receipt of invoice and resolving over or under billing’s by transporters
- Facilitating payments of supplier invoices by preparing reports in relation to the quantity of stocks received and allowable losses for enhancing timely payments
- Opening and closing inventory periods at the start of each month
- Reconciling the product accrual accounts – 2915, 2924 and 2927 by 15th of the subsequent month
- Reversing product returns based on approved Return Material Advice (RMA) within 24 hours from receipt
- Liaison person between Operations, Finance, and Sales department in matters of Stocks
- Participating in assisting the FM in annual financial, tax or internal audits
- And any other tasks that you may be assigned by your line manager
- A minimum level of education: First degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Maximum 5 years professional experience
- Understanding the oil industry dynamics, Business & Competitors
- Working with teams
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- Demonstration of Enterprise First behaviours (Leadership, Accountability, and Teamwork) and Company core values (Honesty, Integrity, and Respect for People)
- Demonstrate competence in implementing standard processes, achieving sales targets, building relationships with suppliers and debtors, and delivering results
- Good understanding of the company processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to carry out financial projections
- Knowledge of computerized accounting packages
- Good analytical abilities
The responsibilities of the job can be performed within the regular working hours
This position is heavily office-based.
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by/before 21st January 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.