At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A non-profit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
The ICT Assistant will primarily support all pact Zambia projects under the supervision of the ICT Officer to provide all ICT technical support services efficiently and effectively.
- Assist Pact Zambia staff resolve usability problems relating to printing, and Microsoft office packages such as outlook, Mosaic and excel.
- Assist in developing both a local ICT equipment online inventory and helpdesk ticketing system to efficiently track equipment, tasks and assignments.
- Help optimize network services for voice application such a Skype and remote connection
- Assist with basic ICT end user training for all Pact Zambia staff
- Assist with scheduled and periodic Pact LAN maintenance.
- Ensures network connectivity of all servers, work stations, PBX and other network appliances
- Daily monitoring and troubleshooting of PACT Zambia Systems to ensure systems are always working properly.
- Minimum Diploma in Information Technology or related fields
- A degree will be an added advantage
- At least experience in a mixed environment of Unix/Linux, Mac OS X and Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of Voice over IP and wireless/wired equipment
- Knowledge of RDBMS and virtualization will be an added advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of networking
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Familiar with Active Directory and Windows Domain management
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Interested and Qualified candidates should send their application letter ad CV to email@example.com indicating the Job Title in the Subject line on or before the due date 12 March 2021.
Related Jobs (13)
Assistant Quality Control & Digital Automation Manager on July 19, 2022 Full Time