KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM, becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country is now actively looking to recruit a LEGAL OFFICER for a client in the mining industry.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
The LEGAL OFFICER will monitor all legal affairs within the organization. They will handle internal and external legal concerns and be tasked with doing everything in their power to keep the organization out of legal trouble.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafting contracts and other legal documents such as wills and trusts.
- Reviewing cases to determine whether they have legal merit
- Preparing legal papers and briefs, researching legal issues, and drafting legal documents such as contracts, wills, trusts, and business agreements
- Representing the client in court, negotiating with opposing counsel, and working with the client to develop legal arguments
- Representing the client in court or other settings, such as depositions or hearings
- Conducting research on legal issues to support litigation efforts
- Interpreting laws, regulations, and policies to advise the client about how these apply to their situation
- Drafting contracts and other legal documents such as wills and trusts
- Conducting research on legal issues to support litigation effort
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in law.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Close attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to prepare complex legal documents
- Experience in the specific industry to which the client belongs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional attitude and appearance
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 6TH JANUARY, 2023