KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country now is actively looking to recruit for the position of LEGAL OFFICER for a client, in the Cement Manufacturing industry.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The role will be responsible for providing support to the Managing Director in matters relating to the Company’s Legal standing.
- Providing advice and guidance to the company’s administrative function on matters relating to the employment of staff, insurance and procurement (in particular, ensures that all the policies and procedures comply with relevant legislation and make recommendations for change where necessary);
- Providing advice and guidance to management on staff-related legal issues;
- Providing advice and guidance on procurement and insurance issues;
- Attending to contract management with regards to monitoring agreed on milestones and timelines including those relating to commencement of the contract, deliverables under the contract, as well as the expiry of contracts which monitoring shall be followed by alerting of the user department and Contract Manager of any impending contractual target coupled with providing appropriate advice depending on circumstances surrounding the target and contract at large;
- Attending to drafting and or perusing agreements or other instruments to which the Company is a party or has an interest;
- Attending to litigation in matters arising out of the internal operations of the Company;
- Providing guidance and advice to Company Officials on debt recovery and attending to debt recovery where appropriate;
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Grade twelve (12) School certificate with 5 credits which should include English Language and Mathematics;
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Post Graduate Law Practicing Certificate;
WORK EXPERIENCE/COMPETENCIES/ ATTRIBUTES
- 5 years post-certification experience in legal practice;
- Must be an effective communicator;
- Must be proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel);
- scheduling appointments/updating calendars;
- Must have excellent analytical skills;
- Must have demonstrated ability to offer sound legal advice and representation;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must have exceptional attention to detail;
- Must possess business acumen at the operational level;
- Must have the ability to work in collaboration with people at various levels and from different backgrounds;
- Must be assertive and result-oriented;
- Must have good interpersonal skills and organisational skills;
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com by / before 3 December, 2021 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.