Maamba Collieries Limited (MCL) is jointly owned by Nava Bharat Singapore Pte. Limited and ZCCM-IH plc. The Company owns and operates a large scale coal mine and has also constructed and operates a 300 Mega Watt Coal fired Power Plant to cater for the growing demand for power in Zambia.
Maamba Collieries Limited is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic engineering professional who wants to build a career in a large and professionally managed company located at Maamba, Sinazongwe District, Southern Province. The position on offer is:-
Mine Automobile Workshop Engineer (1 position)
The successful candidate will be part of the Mining Department, and will be heading the team which is required to manage the Company’s fleet of Heavy Equipment Machinery and Light Vehicles. The selected candidate will report to the General Manager – Mining. The job offers an attractive package and other conditions of service that will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Manage, organize and efficiently control a large size automobile and mechanical workshop.
- Hands-on supervision of all workshop activities.
- Perform trouble-shooting and diagnostics procedures on Light vehicles and Heavy Equipment Machinery.
- Plan and organise a Preventive Maintenance System and scheduled maintenance of Heavy Equipment Machinery and Light Motor Vehicles.
- Forecast and order spare parts for specific jobs/special jobs or for stocks replenishment.
- Good mechanical engineering skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Team work
Qualifications and Skills
- Grade 12 School Certificate or equivalent
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent
- At least 6- 10 years post qualifying experience in automobile workshops.
- Experience in a mining company will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
Method of Application
If you think you meet the above qualifications and experience, apply to the undersigned, enclosing your detailed CV, copies of your certificates and citing 3 traceable references, not later than Friday, 28th August, 2020.
The Human Resource and Administration Manager Maamba Collieries Limited Maamba Mine P O BOX 99 Maamba
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (16)
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER on April 25, 2023 Full Time
SERVICE ENGINEER on April 19, 2023 Full Time
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER – RELIABILITY on April 3, 2023 Full Time
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER – RELIABILITY on December 31, 2022 Full Time
PROCESS CONTROLLER on July 11, 2022 Full Time
Hydrologist x5 at Water Resources Management Authority (WARMA) on July 20, 2021 Full Time
HER TECHNICIAN on June 22, 2021 Full Time
TECHNICIAN – AIR CON on March 9, 2021 Full Time
Maintenance Tehnician on March 9, 2021 Full Time
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – ELECTROMECHANICAL on October 12, 2020 Full Time