The Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust (ZHECT) is an indigenous Zambian Non-Governmental, not for profit Organisation (NGO), registered under the laws of Zambia and dedicated to providing high quality health services, social behaviour change interventions, research and capacity building for the improvement of the health status and general wellness of people. ZHECT has accumulated a wealth of experience in providing Sexual Reproductive Health, HIV prevention and mitigation services to organisations and communities mainly in Zambia but also within Southern and East African Communities. ZHECT is therefore focused on HIV/AIDS/STI/Unplanned Pregnancy/Gender Based Violence prevention, provision of Sexual Reproductive Health services, and Social and Economic Empowerment among vulnerable and hard to reach communities.
In its quest to continue providing services and increase coverage, ZHECT will be recruiting to fill the following vacancies:
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of ZHECT/project sites information database and data collection, including data verification and entry, maintaining records and reporting service statistics.
Specific activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise the Data Entry Officers (DEO).
- Assist the RM&E Director in preparing reports as required.
- Define the data collection process and reporting procedures to appropriate members of staff in the different districts.
- Receive data from district offices and be involved in the verification of the data to review for completeness and consistency.
- Assist appropriate staff on data management and quality assurance.
- Ensure all ZHECT and project data is entered completely and correctly in the appropriate database timely by DEOs.
- Generate reporting service statistics and carry out analysis of data.
- Participate in conducting M & E training activities.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance and support to staff implementing field activities.
- Facilitate communication between those carrying out field implementation, through the DRM&E to the other decision makers, on the number and quality of activities undertaken for each project component.
- Participate in internal data quality audits and evaluation studies.
- Provide any other services as may be assigned by his/her supervisor (s).
Required Skills and Experience:
S/he should have a minimum of a Degree in Social Sciences or Management Information Systems or statistics or other related fields with 2-3 years professional experience in project planning and monitoring and evaluation.
- 3-5 years relevant practical experience.
- Proven knowledge and experience in program M &E data management and quality assurance, including data entry, cleaning analysis, interpretations and reporting. Must have necessary experience in data base management.
- Well-developed computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Access and Power Point. Familiarity and experience with computer database and management information systems in MS Access. Ability to work with Epi Info and SPSS will be an added advantage.
- Ability and willingness to travel for site supervision and data quality checks in project sites.
- Proven experience working on HIV/AIDS or health projects in Zambia. Experience with USAID programs and United States Government supported HIV/AIDS M&E activities will be an advantage.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal supervision, and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player.
- Highly focused and result oriented;
- Articulate and a self-starter;
- Effective organizer, planner and implementer;
- Creative and energetic problem solver;
- Intelligent listener and good interpersonal communicator;
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity;
- Works well under deadline pressures;
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication;
- Sustained personable and positive attitude;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and engage well with staff.
Method of Application
Please email application, CV, and copies of supporting academic qualifications to: email@example.com or post/deliver to The Human Resources Manager, Zambia Health Education and Communications Trust, Plot No. 1551, Church Road, Fair View, Post Net no. 221, P/B E835, Lusaka – Clearly indicate the position applied for.
Closing Date: 30.10.2020
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.