KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country now is actively looking to recruit for the position of OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER for a client, Cement Manufacturing.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage the occupational health program and medical surveillance program at both mining and plant sites. This position is the point of contact between the medical service provider and the mine site (HR and safety) for any communication of employee health matters. It acts as an oversight for the risks based medical surveillance program, fitness to work any recommended restricted duties and ensures that these are applicable and that quality of the occupational health program is maintained. In addition, the position may need to interact with the Zambian Occupational Health and Safety Institute as required.
- Maintain and enhance the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Manage activities required to deliver employee lifecycle products and services such as employee resourcing, employee development, employee relations and separations;
- Develop and implement the workforce plans to ensure that the Company is adequately resourced at all times;
- Ensure effective and timely contract management in line with the Company’s policy;
- Plan and conduct new employee induction to foster a positive attitude and ensure the employee becomes effectively integrated into the Company;
- Manage all separations by ensuring that exit interviews are conducted in a timely manner and feedback provided to Management;
- Initiate correspondence and other documentation relating to staff appointments, training, staff appraisal and compliance with HR policies and procedures;
- Coordinate and monitor the maintenance of the Human Resources database and the confidential registry to promote and maintain good record keeping;
- Collect and analyse employee data and maintain accurate and complete employee records.
- Provide human resources expertise on projects.
- Initiate HR Policy Development, compile Human Resources Reports and analyse the trends for Management decision making.
- Ensure that all correspondence relating to references, confirmations, transfers, new appointments are dealt with within agreed timeframes to provide quality service to employees and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate and advise line management on disciplinary actions, employment arrangements and industrial relations.
- Perform employee advocate functions such as responding to questions pertaining to benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in occupational health or occupational medicine AND a degree in a health profession
- Post-graduate degree in occupational health or health surveillance will be beneficial
- Any additional certificates or training in the area of organizational psychology, wellness programming or health promotions would be beneficial experience
- 5 years’ experience in the design and management of risk-based health surveillance programs and return to work planning or disability management.
- 3 years’ managerial experience of an occupational health program and managing an occupational health team
WORK EXPERIENCE/COMPETENCES/ ATTRIBUTES
- Understanding of working in a multidisciplinary health team is essential
- In-depth knowledge in occupational health and health surveillance
- Good understanding of the talent management cycle
- Knowledge of Labour laws and Legislation regarding occupational health and health surveillance
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good Analytical skills
- Interpersonal and presentation skills
- Networking skills
- Broad Understanding of Manufacturing Industry
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by / before 3 December, 2021 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm/ www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.
Related Jobs (15)
VARIOUS JOBS – MINING/ CEMENT MANUFACTURING SECTOR on December 10, 2021 Full Time