Dangote Industries Zambia Limited
Senior chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professional in the following disciplines:
1. Occupational Hygiene and Environmental Officer
- Participate in implementing DCP approved occupational safety program, analysing and administering various components of the safety programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement approved safety plans and programs in the Mines and monitor employees’ compliance with safety policies.
- Support in planning and promoting safety programs and conduct periodic assessments to identify program deficiencies.
- Participate in the conduct of basic HSE induction exercises for Mines employees, contractors and visitors.
- Assist in conducting safety drills at the Mines, in line with approved schedule.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and recommend engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or use of personal protective equipment.
- Perform or assist with accident investigations as required and ensure prompt communication of recommendations to all concerned parties.
- Support in the execution of approved corrective action to prevent future incidents.
- Provide information to Compensation Administrators for timely processing of compensation benefits for injured individuals.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of safety activities and accident occurrences, and develop periodic reports to determine safety trends and needs.
- Conduct periodic inspections of DCP mines to assist managers and supervisors in environmental, health, and safety compliance.
- Collect, analyse and maintain data essential for effective safety programs.
- Establish and maintain harmonious relationships with other employees, officials, external organisations, and representatives of Local, State, and Federal agencies.
Education and Work Experience
- Diploma/degree in Occupational Health or Public Health or related discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Adequate knowledge of the cement and manufacturing industry.
- Adequate knowledge of safety regulations.
- Ability to adequately analyse an incident and proffer valuable solutions.
- Ability to communicate incidences and emergencies clearly.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability
Method of Application
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:The General Manager HR& Admin and send them to Recruit.Zambia@DANGOTE.COMPlease note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Closing date for receiving applications is 28th October, 2020. Position should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Fire Safety Officer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.