Chemonics International Inc.
Development Works Here
Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The project seeks to recruit for the following position:
General Summary and Background
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is the primary vehicle through which USAID procures and provides health commodities, provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
With 100+ staff across eight offices around the country, this diverse and complex program sets out to strengthen capacity of GRZ to develop sustainable systems that ensure availability and security of vital and essential health commodities through (1) increased data availability and use for informed supply chain decision making, (2) improved quantification procurement planning and coordination processes, (3) provision of cost-effective, reliable international and local procurement services, (4) improved efficiency in warehousing and distribution by the central medical store, and (5) increased strategic planning and governance by Ministry of Health (MOH) for improved commodity security.
Under objective four, the project is conducting multiple infrastructure activities, to include kitting of warehouses (i.e. racking, conveyors, dock levelers, and HVAC), provision of solar power systems, provision of fire suppression systems, provision of material handling equipment, and provision and maintenance of prefabricated storage units.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Engineer will provide technical input for the selection and oversight of infrastructure subcontractors. This will include reviewing technical scopes of work for requests for proposals or contract modifications, providing technical oversight of subcontractors and associated deliverables, monitoring adherence to work plans and deliverable schedules, and monitoring adherence to environmental monitoring and mitigation plans.
- Review technical specifications for agreed upon infrastructure activities;
- Coordinate implementation of project works with Ministry of Health and/or Medical Stores Limited;
- Provide technical input into procurement processes for infrastructure activities;
- Provide direct oversight of subcontractors implementing infrastructure activities;
- Certify subcontractor performance and works and monitor adherence to established work plans;
- Monitor submission of deliverables in accordance with subcontract requirements;
- Certify in writing all completed works for purposes of progress payments and final project acceptance;
- Verify that subcontractors obtain and maintain all required permits from relevant authorities;
- Conduct field site visits to monitor infrastructure activities and milestones on a routine basis;
- Under the guidance of the Infrastructure Project Manager or other designated project manager, regularly communicate with the designated representative of MSL or MOH regarding project schedule and status of activities. Alert the Infrastructure Project Manager or other designee immediately on any concerns or risks;
- Ensure that all necessary subcontractor documentation, including environmental monitoring and mitigation plans are completed for each project;
- Prepare weekly reports to the Infrastructure Project Manager in a format established by GHSC-PSM.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Construction or Building Science Engineering;
- Eight (8) years of experience monitoring and managing infrastructure activities, with increasing responsibility desired;
- Must be a valid member of Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ);
- Must be registered with Engineering Registration Board in Zambia;
- Strong skills in using Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft project) required;
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively in Zambia, sometimes to remote locations;
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions for prolonged periods;
- Good oral communication and written skills in English required,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage diverse professional relationships;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
Location of Assignment
- The location of assignment is Lusaka, Zambia.
Send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and the highest necessary qualifications to PSMZambiaRecruitment@ghsc-psm.org by 5 pm on Wednesday, 4th March, 2020. Please include clearly the position in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Related Jobs (16)
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER on April 25, 2023 Full Time
SERVICE ENGINEER on April 19, 2023 Full Time
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER – RELIABILITY on April 3, 2023 Full Time
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER – RELIABILITY on December 31, 2022 Full Time
PROCESS CONTROLLER on July 11, 2022 Full Time
Hydrologist x5 at Water Resources Management Authority (WARMA) on July 20, 2021 Full Time
HER TECHNICIAN on June 22, 2021 Full Time
TECHNICIAN – AIR CON on March 9, 2021 Full Time
Maintenance Tehnician on March 9, 2021 Full Time
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – ELECTROMECHANICAL on October 12, 2020 Full Time