The PMO scope is inclusive of information technology, facilities, regulatory compliance, and process improvement projects in addition to including leading cross-functional efforts to drive standardization, stabilization and simplification of Fay process; drives operational excellence implementation to improve operations and business processes across Fay companies, business units and departments.
The Program Manager will facilitate planning, drive delivery, develop program communications, manage risks and dependencies, and collaborate with project managers, vendors, IT and business stakeholders to ensure success meeting enterprise objectives. This role is also responsible for synthesizing information into an executive dashboard and performing regular health checks on project and program management best practice guidelines, and mentoring Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Project Analysts.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Embody FSIO culture and values; Lead programs in a manner that instils accountability
- Identify challenges and opportunities, with an in depth understanding of business, technology and solution delivery
- Provide supervision and direction to project teams to ensure successful execution
- Consolidate project plans into a master schedule and track status to ensure overall program success, anticipating and overcoming issues and obstacles
- Support estimation of project effort and duration across multiple Fay companies and departments
- Develop domain knowledge of Fay’s businesses to include an understanding of short-term goals and long-term strategies for the organization
- Coach teams to identify and resolve the root cause of problems
- Partner with engineering teams and business sponsors to design roadmaps for solution areas
- Support/influence prioritization decisions to deliver solutions in a timely manner
- Work closely with other teams and Senior Management to ensure that key projects are tracked to completion
- Foster collaboration between project teams and stakeholders
- Distil complex information for leadership and business partners into a consumable executive level summary
- Help teams communicate the program status to relevant stakeholders and hold them accountable for following the established schedule and processes
- Lead teams to define and track the success criteria and performance metrics of the program (i.e., quality, adoption, usage, financial impact)
- Maintain the internal communication platform (SharePoint) so all program artifacts are available for review
- Prior experience working in the mortgage industry or financial services companies preferred
- 10+ years relevant experience; Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent combination of High School Diploma / GED and work experience); MBA or consulting experience preferred
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated experience leading initiatives across a distributed organization structure
- Prior Project Management experience successfully managing large scale projects and programs from initiation through execution in the mortgage industry or financial services companies
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Exposure to waterfall and Agile project lifecycle and project management best practices / methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; confidence in communicating across various organizational levels and ability to structure communications according to the audience
- Ability to network and influence others to accomplish assigned tasks
- Ability to gather, consolidate and synthesize information from various sources; proactive individual who can act on own initiative
- Able to multi-task and prioritize a demanding and varied workload; eager to work in a rapidly growing / evolving corporate environment
- Ensure compliance with Fay’s policies, processes and practices. Role model ethical standards, professionalism and code of conduct
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Knowledge of process improvement and project management methodologies
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly in using Visio to develop process flows, Excel to compile and analyse data, PowerPoint to develop presentations, and Project to develop project plans
- Microsoft SharePoint skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize a demanding and varied workload
Skills & Abilities
- Strength of leadership with proven ability to foster an environment of positive employee engagement and trust
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish credibility, coupled with the ability to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities
- Client focused with strong execution skills and a results orientation; able to link to business needs with tactical execution and results
- High learning agility with the ability to learn and integrate multiple variables, make connections and identify/ implement successful solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships across the organization to influence and/or drive required results
- Consultative and collaborative work style
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills; solid decision-making abilities coupled with sound judgment
- Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; ability to prioritize, organize time and resources to consistently bring projects to successful completion
- Self-directed; comfortable working with ambiguity and uncertainty
- High degree of professional maturity, integrity, ability to maintain confidential data and information
- High degree of business acumen; strong fiscal and technical aptitude
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Role requires an understanding of systems and their application to advance the efficiency of operation.
(Desirable, but not necessary, aspects of the job)
Formal training/ certification in Project Management (PMP), Six Sigma (SSBB), Agile / Certified Scrum Master methodologies
Experience using the ServiceNow Project Portfolio Management (PPM) module
Success Factors / Job Competencies:
- Communication – Communicates well (written and verbal), delivers presentations, has good listening skills
- Initiative – Takes action, seeks new opportunities, strives to see projects to completion.
- Problem Solving – Strives to understand contribution factors, works to resolve complex situations.
- Strategic Thought – Works to establish and articulate vision, shows creativity when defining solutions.
- Results Driven – Defines appropriate goals, works toward achieving goals, articulates vision and steps for achievement.
TO APPLY: Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Email Subject: Project Manager