Marie Stopes Zambia
Children by Choice not Chance
Marie Stopes Zambia (MSZ) is a marketing-focused, results-oriented social enterprise which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning and reproductive healthcare. MSZ is part of the global network that is Marie Stopes International (MSI). MSZ subscribes to the MSI goal and mission, which is to ensure every birth is wanted and to ensure the individual’s right to Children by Choice not Chance.
Marie Stopes Zambia (MSZ) seeks a Research, Monitoring and Evaluation (RME) Officer to carry out data collection & management, manage research studies, information systems and organizational data; to produce statistical reports, trend analyses and to inform overall programme development through evidence to action. The successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring MSZ remains a results focused organization, achieving the greatest health impact possible. The RME Officer will contribute towards the use of both internal and external evidence to assist the Management Team with strategic planning and development and will work in conjunction with other program staff to ensure projects deliver expected results.
Management Information Systems & Monitoring and Evaluation Processes
- Support MSZ’s research, monitoring and evaluation as well as learning and reporting of activities
- Actively participate in the collection of high quality monthly data across the key indicators, including entry, analysis and reporting
- Assist in carrying out robust data verification process.
- Provide ongoing mentorship and support to MSZ field staff and public health providers in data collection and management.
Organisational Performance Reporting
- Work with MSZ field staff data needs, including identifying key performance indicators (KPIs) and using results to inform key decision making.
- Support the Senior M&E Officer share data and information regarding service delivery with MSZ team members management and District/Provincial Health Offices.
- Assist in analysis of data for performance monitoring and management.
- Participate in internal and external reviews and technical RM&E networks.
- Support the Senior Research Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in conducting internal routine and non-routine studies, surveys, market research, client satisfaction etc. and ensure high quality of standard.
- Assist with recruitment, hiring, training and management of research assistants, field supervisors
- Supervise and ensure high quality data collection in line with approved study protocols and data collection instruments. Manage practicalities of data collection.
- Ensure ethical practices, including the confidentiality of study participants, by ensuring all study material is appropriately stored and protected.
- Responsible for high quality data management, data entry and data cleaning.
Skills & Experience:
Degree in Demography, Development Studies, Public Health or other relevant social science (consideration will be given to Diploma holders with relevant and adequate work experience in this field)
- Demonstrated experience working with projects in supporting data management and archiving
- Experience in data collection, analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated experience of supporting operational and longitudinal research
- Demonstrated experience in data quality audits and data verification exercises.
- Experience of working as part of a large, multi-cultural and geographically diverse team and leading small study or functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to conduct rigorous data management and data cleaning, with high level of attention to detail and management of data security
- Demonstrated experience of data processing and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience using applications such SPSS, STATA, SPSS, Epi-Info & MS Excel
- Ability to interpret and communicate analysed data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be familiar with working in rural areas, especially at community level
- Familiarity with sexual and reproductive health
- Must be willing to undertake regular visits to the field and interact with different health providers and community mobilisers
- Must have excellent communication/interactive skills and must function well independently, as well as part of a team
- Experience of commercial/market research would be an advantage
- Fluency in both written and spoken English. Fluency in Nyanja and Bemba are an added advantage.
- Demonstrates MSZ team member behaviours.
- Pro MSI philosophy of social enterprise and cost recovery
It is a role requirement that the job holder must fully comply with, promote and live MSI core values:
- Mission driven
- Customer focused
- Results orientated
- People centred
Note: MSI takes a zero tolerance approach to fraud and bribery, terrorism, money laundering, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct or any safeguarding issues. Applicants will be subjected to a Police Clearance Check and Reference Checks.
Candidates who meet the requirements should send an application letter and current CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th February, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Note: Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment or fees should be treated with extreme caution, viewed as potentially fraudulent and reported immediately.
Related Jobs (29)
REGIONAL PROGRAMME OFFICER on May 5, 2023 Full Time
RESTORING FAMILY LINKS NATIONAL OFFICER on March 9, 2021 Full Time
RESTORING FAMILY LINKS TRACING ASSISTANT on March 9, 2021 Full Time
Programme Manager on October 23, 2020 Full Time
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer on October 23, 2020 Full Time
Grants and Compliance Manager on October 23, 2020 Full Time
Grants and Compliance Manager on October 23, 2020 Full Time
PROJECTS OFFICER on October 23, 2020 Full Time
ART/TB Specialist – X 3 on October 12, 2020 Full Time
Provincial Development Coordinators (2) on September 18, 2020 Full Time