The Zambia Red Cross Society (ZRCS) is a humanitarian organization that is a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), comprising of 192 members throughout the world. ZRCS responds to humanitarian needs in each province and provides relief during minor and major disasters and emergencies throughout Zambia. The ZRCS is looking for 2 suitable candidates to fill the following vacancies:
RESTORING FAMILY LINKS TRACING ASSISTANT – SOLWEZI
Description of the role
The incumbent performs the following activities within the Communications Department:
- Undertakes field missions to ZRCS branches and supports them to build a Restoring Family Links (RFL) structure and conducts RFL training whenever necessary.
- Oversees and initiates the allocation of budget to the ZRCS branches in line with set procedures, and in coordination with the ZRCS finance department and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
- Fosters the linkage between the branches at province level and the ZRCS National Office, through regular contact with the branches and reports to the Management at the National Office.
- Ensures that tracing requests collected in the provinces, are centralized in the National Office, and shared with the ICRC when necessary.
- Supports the preparation of institutional documents and statistics on cases on a regular and or ad-hoc basis as per need.
- Supports the identification and development/nurturing of partnerships on RFL services with other relevant stakeholders in coordination with ZRCS management (and ICRC when relevant).
- Develops and maintains contact with municipal/provincial authorities, local branches, the local population and suppliers.
- Promotes RFL activities among other ZRCS departments, to carry our RFL activities in an integrated approach.
- Process and verify compliance of the requests addressed to the ZRCS RFL Unit in line with the RFL guidelines and procedures of the institution
- Closely follow the implementation of the case management system and ensures that it is correctly and effectively used by ZRCS RFL personnel.
- Manages information in a confidential manner and promotes data protection compliance among all ZRCS volunteers and focal points working on RFL.
- Support the data entry into the case management database as per guidelines.
- Check the relevance and quality of the data collected and provide any recommendations or identify training gaps; provide support as necessary
Profile – Minimum required qualifications & experience:
- University degree in Environmental Studies, Social Sciences or relevant professional experience
- 2 years’ experience in the field of social, political or economic sciences, or similar
- Knowledge on design and implementation of social and human development projects, including use of relevant monitoring and evaluation tools
- Qualification or experience in IT / Database management an asset
- Good knowledge and skills on computer packages especially relating to database management e.g. MS Access.
- Good communication skills, negotiation and networking skills.
- Adaptability to rapidly changing environments and institutional priorities – capacity to deal with new work-related challenges.
- Fluent spoken and written English required. Any additional language of interest to the ZRCS is an asset
- Prepared to travel across Zambia.
We are looking for someone who is an excellent networker, influencer and communicator, able to sell the program’s vision, responsible, organized, with a good sense of teamwork, initiative and respect for Red Cross values. He/she should be able to work autonomously and with pro-activity and have good analytical and negotiation skills
Please submit your application: CV, cover letter, via this link.
Only applications with all required documentation will be considered.
The last date for receiving application is 12th March, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted