To create, enact, and update job safety programmes that encompass government health and safety regulations as well as company standards so as to ensure safety in the workplace.
(a) Conducts production audits and risk assessments of all aspects of operations in order to lookout for any possible safety hazards, unsafe behaviour or breaks in regulations.
(b) Investigates causes of accidents and other unsafe conditions on the job site and creates analytical reports of safety data and orders repairs for unsafe and/or damaged equipment.
(c) Inspects production equipment and processes to make sure they are safe.
(d) Focuses on accident prevention by presenting safety principles to employees in meetings or lecture-type training sessions and participating in continuing education in order to update knowledge of health and safety protocols and techniques.
(e) Creates safety plans that include suggested improvements to existing infrastructure and production/business processes in order to meet company health and safety goals.
(f) Shares safety information, suggestions, and observations with Management team/Supervisors in order to create consistency in safety standards throughout the production team and the entire company.
(g) Reviews and reports on the employees’ compliance with health and safety rules in order to recommend the best way to prevent future accidents.
Education and Work Experience
- Diploma in SHEQ or its equivalent in a related discipline
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Blasting license will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of safety trends, challenges, accident prevention, GRZ regulations and legislations relating to the mining industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Observation skill (attention to detail)
- Physical ability to do the work
- Good knowledge of safety best practices, and other applicable safety standards
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
- Basic proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
Applications accompanied with CVs, copies of certificates and verifiable references should be addressed not later than 12th March 2021 to:
The Human Resource Manager
Silondwa Engineering Limited
P.O. Box 72463
Email : email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.