NATIONAL PENSION SCHEME AUTHORITY
The National Pension Scheme Authority (NAPSA) wishes to fill the positions indicated below. Interested applicants who meet the required competences are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidates will be expected to have demonstrable competencies relevant to the respective job.
2.0 Security Analyst – Applications NC06 (One Year Contract): Head Office
2.1 Main Purpose of Job
The Security Analyst – Applications is responsible for the development and implementation of the IT Security Strategy (covering Systems Access Control, Vulnerability Scanning, Security Audit, Application Security and enterprise BCP) at NAPSA to ensure the availability of a safe IT platform from which to manage member funds. Additionally, the position coordinates the implementation of the section work plan to ensure the activities of the section are aligned with the section strategy, and that quality standards and timelines are observed.
2.2 Key Responsibilities
- a) Identify security shortcomings in the NAPSA application systems and recommend appropriate policies to ensure best practices and standards are complied with.
- b) Report and track any security breaches on the Systems Applications
- c) Regularly review security posture of all the Applications Systems under the Information Technology department
- d) Review and update security policies as directed by the line manager
- e) On a periodic basis, extract and review existing users access control lists from all systems
- f) Perform IT Risk assessments and report on existing/new application systems
- g) Maintain IT Disaster Recovery Plan and facilitate all DR planning and testing of applications systems in liaison with the line manager
- h) Conduct periodic reviews on all installed Systems to ensure compliance with the set standards
- i) Conduct periodic information Security awareness to all members of staff
- j) Work with developers to refine security checkpoints based on the Security Standards and other industry-accepted doctrine such as NIST SP 800-115 and/or ISO 27002 security standards.
- k) Use automated tools to perform source code security analyses to identify vulnerabilities and attack vectors in web applications.
- l) Work with information systems analysts to refine web application penetration testing methods and breadth of security services.
- m) Obtain and review all required artifacts as part of go, no go analyses at security checkpoint phases in the application development cycle.
- n) Assist with periodic security risk assessments, IT security audits, and management reporting.
- o) Review and coordinate changes to information security policies, procedures, standards, and audit work programs in a continuous improvement model
- p) Conduct in-house vulnerability assessment of the Authority’s ICT Application Systems
- q) Perform in-house quarterly Penetration Tests on the Authority’s ICT Application Systems
- r) Maintain Application Firewall rules and ensure they are operational at all times.
3.3 Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better including Mathematics and English;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Should possess any of the following certifications; Certified Information Systems Management (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker or any other relevant IT Security Certification;
- Not less than three (3) years of relevant IT experience at a similar level in an organisation of similar size
Your application letter should be accompanied by a CV and copies of relevant certificates and should also specify your contact address and telephone number(s).
Application letters should be addressed to:
Director Human Resources and Administration
National Pension Scheme Authority
Levy Business Park
P.O. Box 51275
The closing date of receipt of applications is Wednesday, 23rd September, 2020.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- ONLY APPLICANTS WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS INDICATED ABOVE WILL BE SHORTLISTED.
- ANY FORM OF LOBBYING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION OF THE CANDIDATE
Related Jobs (14)
INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) OFFICER on November 28, 2022 Full Time
Assistant Quality Control & Digital Automation Manager on July 19, 2022 Full Time
Information Technology (IT) Specialist on June 1, 2022 Full Time
WordPress Developer on December 8, 2021 Full Time
Branch Manager on August 31, 2021 Full Time
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AUDITOR on April 16, 2021 Full Time
DATA ENTRY CLERK on March 29, 2021 Full Time
IT Assistant on March 9, 2021 Full Time
Software Engineer on March 9, 2021 Full Time
Senior Strategic Information Officer on October 14, 2020 Full Time