John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
JSI is recruiting for the following:
Position Title: Senior Strategic Information Officer
Position Type: Full Time
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Ndola ( 1) and Kabwe (1)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise provincial Strategic Information (SI) officers in carrying out their M&E functions in the province;
- Ensure the monitoring of timely and consistent data collection and reporting from all project partners and health facilities;
- Work to reconcile inconsistencies in monthly data reports sent from project-supported health facilities;
- Provide technical support to technical staff and partners in the area of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) to ensure high quality record keeping at health facilities and the community level in meeting program objectives;
- Prepare suitable external and internal reports and communication with management and program staff to facilitate project monitoring and activity planning;
- Organize and facilitate feedback sessions with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Participate in planning and implementing site preparation visits as SAFE scales up to other facilities in the provinces;
- Plan and conduct needs assessments, quality assurance assessments, data quality assessments (DQAs), formative research, and other evaluations as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree and additional training, certificate or qualification in (M&E) or relevant field;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in strategic information for international donor funded projects, preferably including experience with USAID-funded projects;
- Knowledge and experience with HIV, AIDS, STI, M&E data management in Zambia, including data entry and cleaning, data analysis and report writing;
- PEPFAR reporting experience desired;
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and meet strict deadlines;
- Knowledge of epidemiology and evaluation research methods (qualitative and quantitative), including data collection, entry and analysis;
- Computer proficiency including use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Access and a statistics package (e.g., Stata, SPSS, SAS, R);
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, supervisory, and mentoring skills;
- Excellent writing, oral and organizational skills;
- Ability to undertake extensive local travel.
Method of Application
To apply: Please send an application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for and the preferred location; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 20th October 2020
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
Related Jobs (14)
INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) OFFICER on November 28, 2022 Full Time
Assistant Quality Control & Digital Automation Manager on July 19, 2022 Full Time