This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility
Interested staff members should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS, UNHCR/AI/2020/1/Rev.2).
Duties and Qualifications
- Conduct registration interviews when required in accordance with registration standards and guidance.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all work on individual cases; and ensuring the integrity of the data.
- Provide counselling to, and respond to queries from asylum seekers and refugees, including in the context of the notification of decisions on individuals cases.
- Coordinate the preparatory phases of the RSD procedure and follow up on administrative tasks to ensure that prompt protection responses and assistance is provided to asylum-seekers and refugees.
- Conduct Country of Origin information research for RSD purposes and maintain the Operation’s local repository of relevant information, guidelines and standards. Maintain the RSD shared Data hard-drive and ensure that information stored is organized and well secured.
- Carry out preliminary resettlement interviews and initial assessments for cases received through internal and external referrals (phase 1 interviews)
- Prepare written documentation for resettlement submission; ensure that records / files of individual cases are updated in a systematic and timely manner.
- Provide persons of concern (PoC) with up-to-date and accurate information on their individual cases as well as on UNHCR¿s resettlement policies and procedures.
- Follow up on cases from the time of submission to final decision and departure; ensure effective in-country communication on the status and follow-up on PoC being considered for resettlement.
- Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
- Organize logistical support for governments undertaking resettlement missions.
- Assist in ensuring that PoC, Government authorities and partners have accurate information on the UNHCR individual case-processing policies and procedures as applicable.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G5- 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Political Sciences;
- Public Administration;
- Social Sciences;
Relevant Job Experience
Ability to conduct registration interviews, to report on the situation of the beneficiaries. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge of the use of PRIMES, proGres is an asset. Working experience with procedures and principles related to registration, resettlement, and RSD. Previous work experience in the field of International Refugee Law and Human Rights Law. Experience in counselling asylum seekers or refugees. Experience in working with vulnerable or traumatized individuals.
- PR-RSD – Principles and Procedures, operational arrangements/assistance;
- PR-Resettlement/Repatriation/Voluntary Repatriation;
- Resettlement Anti-Fraud Policy and Procedures;
- IT-Computer Literacy;
- MS-Reporting skills;
- MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation;
- PR-Experience in Registration;
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Managing Resources
- Judgement and Decision Making
Cross Functional Competencies
- Planning and Organizing
- Stakeholder Management
- Change Capability and Adaptability
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Submission of Applications:
- Interested internal candidates (Group1 and 2) need apply through MSRP
- Recruiting Activities
- Careers (please search by JO number or by Location). Please update your personal profiles with all required information in order to be able to apply. Please consult the attached documents for further guidance on how to update the personal profile.
- Interested external applicants need to apply online and complete the mandatory motivation letter. External Candidates go to: https://unhcr.org/careers.html
- Applications will be accepted only via the online portals. Please do not send application via email.
See below for this postion’s Operational Context
The Senior Protection Case Management (PCM) Assistant is typically located at Field Unit/ office or Branch Office. S/he is a member of the Protection Section, but may be working under Registration, Refugee Status Determination, or the Resettlement units; and normally supervised on a rotational basis by the head of the functional units (Registration, RSD, Resettlement) where s/he provides support at any given time. Depending on the operational priorities, s/he is responsible for supporting activities relating to registration, resettlement, and refugee status determination ¿ protection profiling; to ensure the implementation of the operational policies efficiently, and compliance to the comprehensive protection and solutions strategy applied.
The incumbent may provide day-to-day supervision to registration process. S/he will be conducting protection profiling interviews, or provide support to ongoing resettlement case identification or resettlement processing through providing administrative and logistical support. S/he may also be involved in communication with external partners regarding resettlement issues.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity
The closing date for submission of applications is 20 August 2021 midnight Geneva Time
Related Jobs (11)
OPERATIONS MANAGER on February 1, 2023 Full Time
FINANCE MANAGER on November 24, 2022 Full Time
Lodge Manager on August 3, 2022 Full Time
Business Development Manager on March 8, 2022 Full Time
WAREHOUSE MANAGER on February 4, 2022 Full Time
Country Development Manager on January 24, 2022 Full Time
ASSISTANT CAR WASH MANAGER on January 20, 2022 Full Time
RETAIL MANAGER on January 12, 2022 Full Time
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – ZAMBIA on December 27, 2021 Full Time
Field Manager on August 31, 2021 Full Time