JOB OPPORTUNITY: SPECIALIST, DRILL & BLAST
KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM, becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country is now actively looking to recruit SPECIALIST, DRILL & BLAST on behalf of our client.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
The SPECIALIST, DRILL & BLAST will be responsible for coordinating, monitoring and facilitating Training and assessment and reporting on the effectiveness of Training programs and interventions in accomplishing the long-term skills developmental goals/objectives of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Organizational Development and Planning
- Collaborates with management to gain knowledge of work situation requiring training for employees under drill and blast section.
- Monitor training results and statistics.
- Continuously recommend new training approaches, techniques and programmes
- Build well established business partnerships with the various business units
- Co-ordinate Business projects within a standardized training framework.
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs.
- Develop and enhance TRIs footprint with regards to online learning including the conversion of all historical learner materials.
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
Design Training Interventions
- Formulates teaching outline and determines instructional methods.
- Develop relevant, value-adding training material.
- Develop Drill and Blast training curriculum for new and existing employees.
- Analyse feedback and amend training programme as required and align with the internal documented procedures.
- Liaison with Pensions & Insurance Authority (PIA) regulations.
- Thorough investigation of claims in case of fraud.
- Attending to inquiries from clients and insurers and ensuring that clients are regularly and promptly updated on statuses of their claims.
- Develops teaching aids, such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works
- All interventions to be aligned with e-learning/online initiatives.
Facilitate Training Interventions
- Facilitates relevant training interventions.
- Facilitate the transfer of skills and knowledge.
- Accurately assess skills, abilities and knowledge to determine competence levels.
- Moderate training interventions and assessments for formal programmes.
- Tests trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Facilitate induction programme for new staff in Technical Training Department.
- Monitor and report on training projects and the enhancement of training initiatives
- Assist and prepare facilitators and assessors with all online related activities when developing programmes.
Performs Tasks Associated with The Administrative and Reporting Requirements of the Function
- Assign tasks as scheduled to the Drill & Blast Trainers, supervise daily training tasks and provide all the necessary training tools to help them carry out their duties effectively.
- Coordinate all sectional Training and Assessment activities and ensure that they are being executed in accordance with the Company Technical Training systems and assessment guideline.
- Compile the weekly Training assignment schedule and send to the Technical Training superintendent.
- Managing staff rosters in line with company policy.
- Ensure all relevant short-term planning is done in line with the company’s training set objectives.
- Maintaining a pro-active approach to all aspects of operational and behavioral safety and encourage teamwork within the department in line with company values
- Support the Implementation of the document management and Archives Acts for the storing of digital and hard copy documents.
- Actively manages all financial resources, facilities and assets to ensure maximum benefit, value for money and manageability of risks.
- Support the development and submission of an annual Workplace Skills Plan and Training report in compliance with the requirements of the Business.
- Compile and update statistical information with respect to training completed, attendance levels and targets achieved.
- Prepare reports on the activities of the training interventions and projects outlining objectives and accomplishment of outcomes.
- Update training materials, in line with changes to the legislation, processes and agreements.
- Maintain the training information and recordkeeping system, and respond to queries.
- Ensure reports, correspondence and documentation and information are recorded, processed and maintained in accordance with administrative procedures.
- Support the submission of relevant reports, Annual Training Reports to relevant external bodies.
Job Specific Competencies
- Good knowledge of Training tools and guideline.
- knowledge of Technical Training policies and procedures
- An appreciation of the goals and objectives of the company and how they relate to the goals and objectives of Technical Training.
- An overview of the function of the business area
- Diploma in Teaching is a must.
- Must have hands-on experience with Drill & Blast equipment operations.
- Knowledge of legislation governing mining safety related to Drill Equipment & Blast operations.
- Mining regulations knowledge & Training needs assessment skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Communication skills with good command of the English language.
- Training material and assessment documents development.
- Mentoring and coaching skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent organizational and report writing.
- Knowledge in basic health and safety.
- Knowledge of training event coordination & Knowledge of e-learning platforms.
- Good planning skills
Key Job Attributes
- Effective communication
- Ability to influence managers and employees
- Ability to demonstrate leadership
- Critical thinking & Conflict management
- Detail oriented & Problem-solving skills
Experience required to perform in this job
- A minimum of 5-8 years of operational experience at supervisor level and 3-5 years experience as Drill & Blast Trainer/assessor preferably in the mining industry.
- Knowledge with regards the legislation that govern mine safety as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Zambia and other safety statutory provisions.
- Management skills
- Coaching and Facilitation skills
- Supervisory and administration Skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Grade twelve certificate
- Certificates in Surface Mobile equipment [SME] Operations in related field Drills.
- Minimum of diploma in a technical field, degree is preferred.
- A diploma in technical teaching/teaching methodology or equivalent will be an added advantage
SALARY RANGE: K30,000 – K48,000 Gross Pay
DEADLINE: 16TH OCTOBER 2023