KSM MANAMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now actively looking to recruit an experienced. Technical Program Manager, for a client in the Scientific research industry.
Purpose of the Job
The Purpose of the job is to Provide oversight of assigned global goods awards including technical review of proposed scopes and deliverables, design and oversee quality assurance of global good investments, and support donor and external communications as they relate to global goods.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and evaluate the code developed and products advanced in the global good awards.
- Provide active technical guidance to awards and contribute to the growth of the knowledge space of Digital Health and Global Goods.
- Support the Deputy Director to engage with investors in global goods, explain what they are, and advocate for how they can be used.
- Be an active member of designated open source communities and contribute towards the advancement of the global goods and communities.
- Ensure the appropriate management of work plans and donor deliverables by overseeing the development and tracking of project work plan, timelines, milestones, resource allocation, and deliverables.
- Address or escalate issues related to project execution when there are budgetary implications, concerns from donor/government or procedural issues.
- Coordinate implementation of assessment frameworks across areas. Serve as the primary coordinator of research, technical writing, and reporting for project deliverables.
- Lead team meetings, define agendas, strategic direction/questions, and provide insights into key risks, challenges, and opportunities that should be presented to project team and/or donor or government.
- Effectively manage, track, and mitigate risks associated with project implementation by monitoring dependencies across the workplan with particular attention to non-compliance and regulatory standards. Work with project administrators to ensure financial management practices are followed.
- Participate in project reviews and prepare written technical reports and presentations for government and clients.
- Support project leadership to engage with government officials and donors in support of the digital health initiatives. Work directly with grant donors to refine and deliver materials as requested, often working across partnerships for coordination of country-specific and regional opportunities.
- Provide architectural input and design council to external stakeholders and internal teams as it relates to interoperable health information systems in the public sector.
- Recommend and help teams align the appropriate use of standards and architectures in projects (e.g. OpenHIE, HL7 FHIR, IHE profiles etc.) as well as assist in drafting and developing new profiles as projects require.
- Contribute towards the advancement of global standards and guidelines such as IHE and HL7 FHIR as required.
- Represent Digital Square as a technical leader to external stakeholders at technical meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Support the Digital Square program through, on occasion, providing technical quality assurance on global good deliverables. This may extend to technical reviews, documentation validation and/or validating software development deliverables (as applicable to the global goods the role engages with).
- Provide technical support to nominated country programs in the review and implementation activities, with a focus on architecture and health information system design and implementation.
- Supervise and/or advise Digital Square team on best practices for country implementation projects as they relate to the technical and programmatic work products.
- Provide technical oversight and/or management of engagements and support to regional networks, including directing capacity-building hack-a-thons and training workshops.
- Support the broader Digital Square team with development of concept notes and technical approaches for new buy-ins for both new and existing donors.
- Be an active and engage technical team member and support the growth of internal teams as well as the implementers.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess a deep familiarity with open-source global goods and the global digital health landscape.
- Familiarity with health information systems design, architecture, and implementation with a focus on interoperability and standards.
- Experience with constructing and setting up scopes of works for contracts and agreements.
- At least 5 years of experience in software development (using open-source tools) preferably development of health information systems.
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com by / before 17th August 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.