CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM, becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country is now actively looking to recruit CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
The CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER will be responsible for distributing financial resources, planning the budget, providing financial insights and guidance so they may make the best decisions for the organization as well as implementing policies and procedures to ensure the proper accounting, and strategic use, of an organization’s funds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops financial well-being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth plans, and directing staff.
- Accomplishes finance human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; and planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction and establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; and implementing change.
- Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; and accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; and developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions, and minimizing the impact of variances.
- Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities and maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts, reporting results, analyzing variances, and developing improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Education & Experience
- MBA or bachelor’s degree in business, finance, from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in accounting and financial management practices.
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Proficiency with accounting software, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- 3 or more years of experience as a manager and supervisor.
- Excellent accounting, financial management and budgeting skills.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, good familiarity with SharePoint & Experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in English.
- Ability to work effectively in a team driven and collaborative environment with a strong emphasis on accountability.
- Supports a customer-centered approach to colleagues and partners.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize effectively
- Successful track record as a manager: able to motivate, guide and develop team members
Related Jobs (71)
Multiple Positions – Kalumbila Community Radio Station on February 6, 2023 Full Time