JOB OPPORTUNITY: SECURITY OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM, becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country is now actively looking to recruit SECURITY OPERATIONS COORDINATOR for our Client SECAMA LIMITED, a company under AFRISEC group. Be part of a thriving Company that offers expert security services and related products across Southern Africa.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? Are you a vibrant individual, thriving on pressure, a 24/7 mentality and able to think on your feet? The job is fast and furious. If you are a sitter you will not fit.
The SECURITY OPERATIONS COORDINATOR will be responsible for assisting the Security Operations Manager in all duties pertaining to operations and administration of the security workforce based in the Lusaka area. The ideal candidate must ensure high levels of staff discipline, morale and also ensuring a high standard of service provision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all operations run smoothly at your duty station;
- Checking all reports incidences/breakdowns/delays and liaison with Kitwe control room;
- Compiling and sending of SITREP reports every day to the Security Manager;
- Where available, do reconciliations of tracking units/devices every week and also to make sure that all units are recovered from the borders/offloading points.
- Inspecting and monitoring of all company vehicles on daily basis and this also includes the preparing of fuel requests preferably twice per every month
- Monitor all truck movements on WhatsApp groups and emails;
- Follow up on ONSITE application for non- conformance by escort guards and ensure compliance;
- Ensure that trucks are parked at designated areas at the appointed time;
- Supervise all escort guards including static guards;
- Deploy escort guards as and when required;
- Must ensure that all escort requests are done promptly;
- Ensure escort procedures are fully understood and adhered by all escort guards at all times;
- keep Security Manager updated on all activities;
- To immediately report all incidents and be involved in initial investigations;
- Build a strong and healthy relationship with relevant authorities in area of operations;
- Do regular road patrol and/or inspections/assessments;
- Ensure good communication with the Control Room;
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by management.
- Maintain a high standard of discipline at all times;
- To arrange replacements in times of absence or leave;
- Ensure that you have adequate and disciplined personnel at all times in full uniform;
- To investigate and report in case of unlawful behaviour by Secama personnel;
- Maintenance and upkeep of attendance registers/timesheets for Zambia and Zimbabwe and list of personnel available for escort duties;
- Update duty rosters and leave planning;
- Ensure that escort guards are fully trained and are aware of all specific or special requirements with regard to their escort duties;
- Ensure daily talks are conducted with the escort guards.
- Ensure all documentation is completed accurately and timely;
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met timely;
- Conduct uniform, equipment and vehicle inspections;
- Ensure that all escort guards on trips are adequately supplied with allowances and all recons to be followed up as soon as they return if any;
- Prepare wages documentation for Lusaka/Zimbabwe sub-contractors and salaries for Zimbabwe permanent guards;
- Request for finances in good time;
- Financial documents to be sent to the finance department on a daily basis or as they fall due.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Logistics, Transport or Security related field & previous experience will be an added advantage
- Computer literate (Proficient in MS Office; Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Possess a valid manual driving license for more than 5 years.
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training of staff
- Proven experience in planning and organizing daily activities.
- Good communication skills
- Proactive, able to take initiative
- Able to function calmly amid a crisis
- Have a flexible approach to working hours and additional tasks and duties
DEADLINE: 22nd August, 2023
To apply send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com