ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE ACCOUNTANT
KSM MANAMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now actively looking to recruit an experienced ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLES ACCOUNTANT for a client, the biggest Cement Manufacturer in Zambia.
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this job is to ensure prompt receipting of payments by customers in line with the company strategy.
The Accounts Receivable Accountant is accountable for the correct and timely receipting of incoming payments by customers and must interface with all relevant departments, especially, selling and marketing in order to achieve short- and long-term scorecard objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check cash/cheques collections daily to ensure they are receipted and recorded properly
- Post all supplier invoices promptly and ensure they are matched to the purchase orders
- Prepare stock reconciliation weekly/monthly
- Enter/book all stock losses every month end
- Ensure that all Credit Notes raised are correct and have been approved by Senior Management
- Maintain the invoices and credit/debit notes files, and ensure that all sensitive information is kept securely
- Analyze Transporter bills to ensure they are correct before sending them for approval. Must ensure that the debt owed to the company is netted off against their transport bills
- Post all direct debit and credit entries transacted by the Bank. Carryout daily reconciliation of the Bank Collection account with System Cash Book and clear all receipt that have reflected on the bank statement
- Carryout nominal ledgers reconciliations
- Maintain the file for the Daily exchange rate
- Must have thorough knowledge of ERP systems
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor
- Minimum level of education: First degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 3 and 5 years professional experience
- Understanding the cement industry dynamics, Business & Competitors
- Working with teams
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- Demonstration of Enterprise First behaviours (Leadership, Accountability, and Teamwork) and Company core values (Honesty, Integrity, and Respect for People)
- Demonstrate competence in implementing standard processes, achieving sales targets, building relationships with suppliers and debtors, and delivering results
- Good understanding of the company processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to carry out financial projections
- Knowledge of computerized accounting packages
- Good analytical abilities
The responsibilities of the job can be performed within the regular working hours
This position is heavily office based.
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / by / before 17th May, 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.
Related Jobs (91)
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT (1) ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT – TEMP (1) on August 31, 2022 Full Time Temporary