COMPANY NAME: PLAN INTERNATIONAL ZAMBIA
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
We are looking for experienced, vibrant and self-starters to fill the following position:
Business Development Coordinator- One (1) Year Contract (Lusaka Position) – Re Advertised
The position will play a critical role in the development and realization of an ambitious resource mobilization strategy. The role will support the Business Development Manager in market research, identification of emerging trends as well as coordinating pecific end to end bid development, which may include but not be limited to synthesis of the opportunity, partner identification and managing of assigned proposal development teams and with a view to leading collaborative teams that promote winning proposals, also support the identification of new business development and new funding opportunities and ensure appropriate tracking of such bids in line with Plan International Zambia systems and standards and oversight for business development end to end business processes for bids as assigned.
- Support the development of opportunities such as proposals, concepts to donors (including institutional, corporate, multilateral, and, foundations, etc.).
- Support documentation and dissemination of outcomes and impact of projects within Plan and for other relevant partners
- Along with the Business Development Manager, Identify and build relationships with relevant stakeholders including INGOs, CSOs, government departments and donors for strategic partnerships on co-funding applications, resources mobilization and projects’ delivery.
- Monitor, document and highlight new business development to ensure that Plan International Zambia is abreast of new opportunities in line with Plan International Zambia s strategic focus;
- Develop Fund Agreement Documents and monitor to ensure contracting is finalized between National Offices (NOs) and Plan Zambia;
- Provide ongoing support to Plan field staff and partners on understanding donor financial compliance, identifying financial risks and other best practices related to grant management and organizational development relevant to Plan Zambia project implementation.
- Support in the development of training materials for staff on Business Development and mentor staff in proposal development as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in interdisciplinary areas within human rights, international development, Business/Development Studies and program leadership (higher will be an added advantage)
- 5 years of demonstrable and relevant experience in managing multilateral and bilateral donor funded grants/contracts and other fund sources;
- Experience in engagement bilateral, multilateral donors and Foundations donors will be an added advantage;
- Proven experience in proposal writing, concept development, and business cases;
- Understanding of multiple donor policies and procedures particularly ECHO, OFDA, Global Affairs Canada, SIDA, DFID, USAID, EC and UN Agencies;
- Solid understanding of compliance requirements of bilateral, multilateral donors and Foundations preferred
- Good understanding of gender equality programs and meaningful child participation; Knowledge of development challenges and contexts in Zambia, in particular in child rights, girl s rights and child protection;
All applications close Friday 14th February, 2020. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Related Jobs (25)
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER on September 14, 2022 Full Time
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGER on July 21, 2022 Full Time
SALES AGENT on May 19, 2022 Full Time
Sales agent on May 17, 2022 Full Time
TECHNICAL SALES EXECUTIVE on March 30, 2022 Full Time
Business Development Manager on March 8, 2022 Full Time
TELE-MARKETERS on February 18, 2022 Full Time
RELATIONSHIP OFFICERS – Banking Industry on February 9, 2022 Full Time
RE-ADVERTISED: COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRY TERRITORY MANAGER on February 24, 2022 Full Time
SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER on February 8, 2022 Full Time