Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450 meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 1, 125 direct employees, and a further 1,200 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety with a world class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ an experienced and qualified individual in the following position:
COST ACCOUNTANT (X1)
This position reports to the Senior Management Accountant.
Core Purpose of the Position
The position involves preparing and providing timely financial and statistical information to the Departmental Managers/HOD’s so that they can make day-to-day, and short/medium/long-term managerial decisions.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- To prepare weekly and monthly departmental cost reports with exceptional highlights for Departmental Managers and report on periodic variances, their causes and required remedial actions.
- Attend departmental planning and operations meetings in order to timely sensitize operational managers of cost and financial performance and be aware of the operational plans
- Advise departmental staff on correct cost allocations and analysis codes in line with weekly and monthly budgetary plans and as requested.
- Continuously reviewing ledgers to ensure that all purchase/stores requisitions are timely captured and that expenditure is posted to correct cost centres and codes by carrying out a review of postings on daily basis.
- Helps to coordinate and collect underlying budget data at departmental level for the comprehensive company annual budget consolidation.
- Apply budgetary controls by ensuring officials operate within approved budgets and make the most effective use of available resources at departmental level.
- Assist Senior Management Accountant to gather historical operational budgeting and expenditure information where necessary.
- Work hand in hand with Supply Chain and Accounts Payable to ensure that direct orders being raised, and invoices being captured are correctly posted in line with budget plans.
- Raise correction journals where necessary in order to reflect the correct costs per code in line with budgetary plans.
- Any other duties assigned by Superiors.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Part-qualified in ACCA/CIMA or Degree in Accounting.
- At least 3 years of related experience in a similar position and senior level reporting.
- Costing & Budgeting experience in the Mining industry will be an added advantage.
- Member of ZICA, ACCA, CIMA or other recognised Accounting Bodies.
- Excellent Written Communication skills and analytical skills.
- Efficient organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to email@example.com. Please indicate the job title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 29th August 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.