KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now actively looking to recruit an experienced CREDIT CONTROLER for a client, one of the biggest Oil Marketing Companies in the world.
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this position is to ensure that all operational financial services are carried out in an effective, timely and properly controlled manner. This post holder has the particular responsibility of ensuring continuous and up to date capturing of financial transactions in relation to sales and payments. Tracking\collecting outstanding debts through sales representatives, assisting in answering queries and liaising with the debtors when called upon.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arranging and calling for Trade Accounts Receivables (TAR) meeting per category every two weeks
- Monitoring on a daily basis of TAR. Sending of receivables ageing/TAR reports on excel every morning to the retail and commercial sales reps and management by 9 am
- Updating price change adjustment in Oracle after approval by management bi-monthly and on an ad hoc basis
- Releasing of all sales orders within 30 minutes from notification and in case an order cannot be released notifying of the inability to the sales representative in consideration of the order value and security deposit/bank guarantee/cash and within the company credit management policies
- Releasing of commercial orders also based on fully approved LPO from commercial section approved by the General/Finance Manager
- Following up on the outstanding debts for payments through sales representatives and ensuring they are received in good time
- Reversing the memo of the bounced cheque within 6 hours from the time of notification by bank or treasury accountant and follow-up of payment for the bounced cheques
- Maintaining a register of customer security deposits both cash and guarantee and sharing a report of the same by the 5th of the subsequent month
- Preparing a request for renewal of bank guarantees for customers one month prior to expiration.
- Assisting in the reconciliation of customer debtors’ accounts on an ad hoc basis when requested
- Raising memos on correct customer accounts and proper distributions based on approved manual documents within 24 hours from receipt and raising any inconsistency for rectification by the initiator
- Assisting in monthly reconciliation of ageing to the general ledger and other accounts related to receivables by the 5th of the subsequent month
- Meet with customers while assisting the sales representatives when necessary to negotiate settlement of outstanding debts and resolution of any ongoing issues/disputes
- Monitor customer ledger not to exceed credit limit and to obtain authorization to exceed the limit or secure payment to reduce the balance
- Ensure non-fuel debit notes are raised and collection started by every 5th of each month
- Communication and drafting of late payment reminder letters to customers through sales representatives
- Creation of new customer accounts in oracle through the fully approved manual forms and ensuring proper classification per line of business
- Assisting in month-end closure by booking journals in relation to debtors and stock at company runs by 5th of each month
- Supporting with cashier responsibilities of receipting and other related tasks when the officeholder is out of office
- Prepare payment schedules for domestic VAT and ERB license fees
- And any other assignments/tasks as may be assigned by management
- A minimum level of education: First degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Maximum 5 years professional experience
- Understanding the oil industry dynamics, Business & Competitors
- Formulating Strategies & Plans
- Negotiation skills
- Coaching ability
- Able to Motivate, Coach & Develop
- Working with teams
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- Demonstration of Enterprise First behaviours (Leadership, Accountability, and Teamwork) and Company core values (Honesty, Integrity, and Respect for People)
- Demonstrate competence in implementing standard processes, achieving sales targets, building relationships with suppliers and debtors, and delivering results
- Good understanding of the company processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to carry out financial projections
- Knowledge of computerized accounting packages
- Good analytical abilities
The responsibilities of the job can be performed within the regular working hours
This position is heavily office-based.
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by/before 21st January 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.