KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM, becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country is now actively looking to recruit for DRIVER MANAGEMENT TEAM LEADER.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage drivers and driver issues.
Pre- employment evaluation of drivers. (on site in Zimbabwe, with Cosmore)
- Personnel details.
- References checks from previous employers.
- Verification of drivers documentation and the authenticity thereof. Identify, fraudulent documentation.
- Vehicle general knowledge
- Road test driving ability
Driver debriefing continuously on the following: (and the expiry dates of)
- Drivers license
- International driving permit
- International driving certificate
- Yellow fever inoculation.
- Hazchem compliance.
- Medical compliance (annual checkup)
- Renewal of relevant documents in time (all of the above, renew prior to expiry)
- Verify all documentation with Sales Force for data integrity.
- Driver able and licensed to driver the relevant truck.
- Driver able and licensed to driver the relevant trailer combinations.
- Driver allocation to trucks relevant to driving skills (Testing of drivers and evaluation.)
- Driving behavior on route via report generated from ETrack and action taken to be documented.
Driver compliance on SOP procedures continuously.
- Review of procedures.
- Driver compliance with company and road rules and regulations continuously Driver compliance on equipment control. (refer to equipment check sheet)
- Take the necessary action, regarding any losses of equipment and recovery of any shortages via AOD.
- Verify driver behavior on route and compliance with any kind of incidents/ accidents.
- Verify every dispatch of driver all relevant documentation regarding vehicle and trailer are in order.
- Keep all relevant departments update regarding driver changes Sales Force, email, Mover.
- Proper controlled handovers (if drivers have to be swapped), on truck, trailer and equipment where necessary.
- Manage staff reporting to DMT.
- Adhere to ad hoc task instruction from time to time.
- Travelling to different locations should the need arise.
- Submit CPO form to relevant department after debriefing has been done.
- Verify horse and trailer legal compliance to be roadworthy. (Border authorization letter, NATIS, COF, copy of license disk)
- Check all relevant documentation regarding horse and trailer to be cross border compliant. (Cross border permit, compliance permit, consignment notes)
- Driver compliance for PPE at loading points. (AOD for missing PPE)
- Communicate with workshop regarding vehicle damages and breakdowns attributed to driver behavior.
- Close relation with HR and senior management to resolve driver behavior issues. Continuous evaluation on driver replacement.
- Load checks. Compliance on load safety and security, before the truck is dispatched. Debriefing driver on his continuous round-trip evaluation.
Compliance with Hazchem requirements
- Horse and trailer
- Documentation for Abnormal loads (requirements and application for permits)
- Equipment control (as per check sheet)
- Liaise with HR continuously regarding driver related subsistence’s DMT management and procedures.
- Manage subordinates on performance work ethic.
- Verify Horse trailer combination correctness (Mover and Sales Force) continuously as well as relevant documentation for Controllers.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Logistics/Finance/Economics/Business Management
- Minimum 5-10 years Driver Training and Management experience.
- Good knowledge and experience of transport management software solutions.
- Experience with Triaxles, Pup and Super-link trailers.
- Train the Trainer Certification.
- Driver Trainer Certification.
- Dangerous Goods Certification.
- Zambian Citizen.
- Driver Management Assistant
SALARY RANGE: K7,500 – K8,000 Gross Pay
DEADLINE: 27th November, 2023
To apply send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com