ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING MANAGER
KSM MANAMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now actively looking to recruit an experienced ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING MANAGER, for a client, Zambia’s biggest cement manufacturer.
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this position is overseeing a team of maintenance professionals who coordinate and carry out all tasks related to the repair and improvement of the electrical systems of a facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
As head of a department, he/she performs a variety of duties such as;
- Achieves optimal electrical system operational efficiency by developing and maintaining electrical systems.
- Accomplishes operational objectives by recruiting, onboarding, and managing employees.
- Communicates job expectations, monitoring and reviews job contributions, plans and adjusts compensation actions, and enforces staff policies and procedures.
- Optimizes engineering performance by contributing engineering recommendations to strategic planning and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standard goals; resolving engineering issues; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing change.
- Meets departmental financial objectives by forecasting requirements and challenges, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Develops strategic electrical plans by studying operational plans and existing conditions, determining needs to accomplish operational plans, mapping solutions, updating and modifying requirements and solutions, and preparing cost estimates and budgets.
- Plans electrical projects by determining specifications, selecting contractors, establishing installation schedules, planning shut-downs and installations, integrating architectural and mechanical design specifications, verifying code requirements, and updating cost estimates.
- Completes electrical projects by supervising installations and resolving design issues.
- Maintains electrical systems by establishing and enforcing ongoing maintenance schedules and procedures and testing programs, scheduling repairs, and coordinating shut-downs and installations.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, and complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining current on codes and requirements, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by collaborating with other members of senior management.
- Manages vendor and subcontractor relationships.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required;
- Master’s degree is a plus
- 4-5 years relevant work experience
- 1-2 years management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP), Engineering Management Certification Fundamentals (EMCF), and/or Professional Engineering Manager (PEM) certification(s)
- Electronic testing design
- Electronic production technologies
- Electronic systems
- Technical management
- Management proficiency
- Electronics troubleshooting
- Basic safety
- Quality focus
- Process improvement
- Report writing skills
- Project management
- Vendor and subcontractor relationship building and maintenance
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by / before 2nd March 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.
Related Jobs (100)
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER on April 19, 2023 Full Time
PA TO THE CEO (RE-ADVERTISED) on April 13, 2023 Temporary
TRAVEL CONSULTANT / PA on April 3, 2023 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on January 16, 2023 Temporary
AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICIAN on December 13, 2022 Full Time
Finance and Administration Officer on December 8, 2022 Temporary
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO) on November 28, 2022 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on November 24, 2022 Temporary
Workshop Team Leader on November 18, 2022 Full Time
PA/FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on November 14, 2022 Temporary