Living Water International (LWI)
Living Water International (LWI) is a global Non-Governmental Organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provides safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. A vacancy exists in the Zambia Country Office for the position of Finance Officer to be based in Lusaka:
Position Title: FINANCE OFFICER
Reporting to: FINANCE MANAGER
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Coordinate and execute documentation, reporting, and invoicing of high compliance grants. This position requires working closely with a variety of staff members and granters to ensure both process and outcome comply with grant requirements.
- Ensure accurate keeping of accounting records by using the QuickBooks system to account for financial transactions for each grant.
- Coordinate and make timely payments for payment requests on the on line banking platform. Ensure that payment requests submitted to Finance have all the necessary documents and approvals
- Make statutory payments such as NAPSA, PAYE, NHIMA timely so as to avoid the accrual of penalties for late payments
- Entering of bank, Petty Cash, salaries and other accrued transactions in the accounting software on a daily basis
- Ensure the safe keeping of all accounting documents, both soft and hard copies. Provide documentation for internal and external auditors when requested. Ensure that all documents are filed neatly and orderly
- Work with the Finance Manager on cash flow forecasts, budgets, audit schedules and the preparation of the monthly financial reports and the closing checklist.
- Review invoices, and provide account codes, when appropriate, for proper project accounting. Review all retired documents and liquidate retirements in the system. Ensure the timely retirement of advances by staff.
- Produce budget and expense analysis report for review and consolidation by the Finance Manager.
- Identify and recommend cost savings initiatives for program activities.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in Finance or equivalent accounting qualification.
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressively responsible experience, in the non-profit sector, with experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting including grant accounting.
- Must be a registered member of ZICA
Competencies and Other Skills
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus.
- Knowledge of grants and regulations typically acquired with three to five years related experience.
- Capable of managing numerous simultaneous projects.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with MS Office package software applications with advanced skills using Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information to non-financial managers.
- Familiar with accounting fundamentals.
- Strong analytical, presentation, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills as well as ability to multi-task are essential.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should send their application letter with not more than four paged detailed updated Curriculum Vitae to:
The Human Resources Manager
Living Water International
Plot 33F, Off Leopards Hill Lane
- Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
- Position applied for should be included in the subject line of your email when sending in your application.
- Submit applications to Zambia.Jobs@water.cc or hand delivered to Living Water International Offices situated at Plot 33F, Off Leopards Lane, Kabulonga Lusaka
- The deadline for receipt of application letters is Friday, 23rd July, 2021 at 17: 00 hours, Zambian time.
- LWI in Zambia is an equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
- All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
- A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates shall be contacted, if you do not get contacted by 6th August, 2021, consider your application unsuccessful.
- You are free to visit the website: www.water.cc for more information about the activities of Living Water International.
- ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.
Related Jobs (73)
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONSULTANT on March 24, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTANT on March 24, 2023 Full Time
Trainee Accountants on March 17, 2023 Full Time Internship
DIRECTOR FINANCE/BOARD SECRETARY on March 16, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTANT on February 7, 2023 Full Time
OPERATIONS MANAGER on February 1, 2023 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on January 16, 2023 Temporary
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER on December 15, 2022 Full Time
Debt Collector on December 15, 2022 Full Time
Loan Auditor on December 15, 2022 Full Time