World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Grant Accountant (Securing Durable Solutions Project) – Lusaka
Reporting to: Grant Finance Manager
Purpose of the Position:
The incumbent will be responsible to develop and maintain an effective financial and administrative management system for the PRM project and its sub partners which complies with World Vision Policies & Procedures and the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Provide effective oversight of the Program Management Unit’s accounting, administration, Information Technology and human resources supporting the successful implementation of the PRM Project.
Grant Budgeting and Funding
- Budget development in LEAP format – ensuring all project activities are adequately budgeted for and contribute to meet the project objectives.
- Revise the Grant budget whenever there is an amendment to ensure that cash/activity forecast are approved by donor for implementation
- Provide information to all field or program officers pertaining to the availability of funds
- Ensure budget availability before an activity is initiated
- Review funding requests from the sub grantees and Other CBO’s
- Facilitate and ensure all the projects are funded on a timely basis
- Communicate with sub-grantees on grant finance management
Grant Monitoring and Compliance
- Budgetary control-monitoring that expenditure is according to the agreed and approved budget
- Ensuring that expenditure is in compliance with donor regulations, WV policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and with the agreed and approved budget
- Conducting Financial reviews, field visits and capacity building to sub grantees
- Participate in review of and/or suggest strengthening of internal controls where necessary
- In liaison with Finance and Administration Manager Conduct grant guideline appraisal and ensure that all staff on the grant programs are capacitated in grant management
Disbursement and Payment reviews
- Review of payment request voucher to ensure sufficient and appropriate documentation, that it is properly coded and costs are according to cost principles (i.e. allowable, allocable and reasonableness)
- Perform detailed voucher verification to ensure compliance to WV policies and procedures
- Ensure that payments are approved by authorized personnel all the time
Grant Financial Reporting
- Ensuring correctness and availability of financial information for input into the National Office reporting system on a timely basis.
- Extract, review and analyse SunSytems data to ensure correctness and completeness in readiness for report preparation
- Reviewing sub grantee reports and make them ready for in-putting into sun system
- Provide a summary project expenses to Program team to monitor the expenditure against the budget
- Provide variance analysis to management and program on the financial expenditures
- Review partners reports for accuracy and completeness
- Preparation and submission of Financial Reports according to the donor prescribed formats on a timely basis.
- Manage the balance sheet accounts of the grants which include among other things cash, bank balances, staff advances, payables and receivables
- Reconcile PBAS by harmonizing details for receipts from donor and support offices
- Prepare Bank reconciliations
Audits and Risk Management
- Facilitating both external and internal audit
- Ensuring that audit recommendations are implemented within the prescribed time.
- Ensure analytic review documents are prepared for audit purposes
- Resolve and implement audit recommendations and apply lessons learnt
- Identify potential and inherent risks and device ways to mitigate their occurrence
Collaboration and Capacity Building
- Train partners in grant financial management and reporting
- Train program staff on grant financial management
- Liaise with stakeholders on grant project related matters
- Ensure that assets are used for the intended purpose
- Safeguard project assets
- Maintain assets register
- Any other duties assigned
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any finance related degree
- Additional professional qualifications such CIMA, ACCA and CA is added advantage.
- Knowledge of SunSystems, Vision, CAL/DOS Allocation Methodology and other computer related financial/accounting system and budgeting is necessary
- Minimum of three years of experience in grant accounting is required with a preference for USAID/UKAID/EU/PNSF and other government grant experience.
- Must be a member of ZICA and good command of English both written and spoken
- Demonstrated capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts
- Ability to adapt in different work environments: office based and field work (rural and peri-urban)
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
|Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!|